front lot subdivision sewer line connection, Perth WA

Discussion in 'Development' started by edtn, 18th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. edtn

edtn Active Member

hi all,

I currently own "LOT 1" in the image and looking to subdivide it into Prosposed LOT 3 and LOT 4. Lot 2 (Rear property is not owned by myself)

Question is whether the Proposed Lot 3's (front block) sewer line (drawn in green) can connect to the current Lot 1's sewer line (in red), as shown.
    Or whether the green line for lot 3's sewer will have to extend into lot 2 and have its own connection to the main line.

I would to gauge how much trouble this may cause my neighbour's as they may have sheds etc where the sewer line may be intended to go.

Thank you very much.

2. edtn

edtn Active Member

sorry about the messy formatting above.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Does the existing sewer meet the requirements /have the capacity for an additional 2 dwellings?

Does the existing easement have restrictions on the number or types of services that may be run?

edtn likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

So the 2 current lots are on the same line currently? So I presume not green title?

No sewer line running along the road?

Is the current red line underneath a building on lot 1 - is there any way to physically access inside current lot 1 if that building is staying - the drawing is pretty hard for me to see if the house goes over the whole thing.

If the house on lot 1 (proposed lot 2 of lot 1) covers the whole thing then I think lot 3 will need to spur off from the original Lot 2 at the rear and trench down the side of the middle lot to get to the front.

Your surveyor and plumber should be able to advise on this though.

edtn likes this.
  5. edtn

edtn Active Member

thank you "Scott No Mates" and "Westminster" for your replies.

Westminster, my apologies about the drawing.
    The building on lot 1 does not overlay the current sewer line (red line). The sewer line can be accessed in the backyard of lot 1.

6. edtn

edtn Active Member

thank you "Scott No Mates" and "Westminster" for your replies.

Westminster, my apologies about the drawing.
    The building on lot 1 does not overlay the current sewer line (red line). The sewer line can be accessed in the backyard of lot 1.

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm no expert in this field but then I think providing there is capacity you could join to the current "line". It does depend if it's all a water corporation owned line or if it's a connection spur that services the 2 lots.
    You really do need guidance from a surveyor and plumber.
    It is unusual scenario to resubdivide a subdivided block. From what I know it looks like a survey strata survey so I presume you have permission from the rear owner to subdivide yours further?

8. edtn

edtn Active Member

Cheers mate. Yes its a survey strata and i have floated the idea by my neighbour. He doesnt mind, but again I'd like to keep it minimal fuss for him.