House & Home Frogs in my toilet bowl

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by ellejay, 8th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten what it's like, been away from the Kimberley for over a year. Now I'm back, but so are they. Four little beady eyes looking up when I lift up the lid. Flushing just seems to invigorate them :mad:

Not sure who'll give in first or what other options I have for late night essentials in Fitzroy Crossing.

Tips anyone?

Sackie and MTR like this.
  2. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

1. Laugh at them!
    So much nicer than a millipede spurting icky yellow poison in my bathroom sink! ( Desert NSW)
    Enjoy most of the wonderful surrounds you have!
    2. Ask a local person, they will have encountered the problem
    I hope this helps

ellejay likes this.
  3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I love them, I'm not complaining. I was just hoping to use the loo tonight. Agree it's a first world problem compared to millipedes that puke in your sink :eek:

I know some people scoop them up and put them outside. As cute as they are I can't bring myself to do that.

4. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

I think they are tough little froggies!
    They wont mind a bit...
    I think they will probably like the extra gift you give them........ from above...
    I had a snake under my home which I was scared stiff of, but I asked a local lady, she told me it was a good luck sign.

ellejay likes this.
  5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Frogs in toilets are common in country Australia, as are redbacks and snakes.

I know which ones I prefer (I have experienced them all, especially with out-houses).

Leave them be. They won't cause you any trouble (I am assuming they are the little green house frogs).

ellejay likes this.
  6. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Used to have them in Darwin - they would hide up under the lip where the water comes out. Then when you flush they'd do perfect 3.2 point dives. Probably started the habit of checking what's going on before and after flush rather than just turn around, push the button (or pull the rope!) and leave :cool:. The odd croak between your legs can be offputting at an inconvenient time though...

ellejay, kierank and Gockie like this.
  7. Foxy Moron

Foxy Moron Well-Known Member

Ha ha. Reminds me of an acreage property we inspected a couple of years ago when a specially made up sign in the bathroom was warning guests to be wary of snakes in the bowl. Impressed Mrs Foxy no end!
    It wasn’t an official OFI – rather a private viewing arranged by the agent at short notice. I’m sure if the owners had a bit more warning / prep time they would have taken that sign down for sure.

ellejay likes this.