Technology & Social Media Friday Funny - Slow Internet Forces AFP To Collect NBN Documents In Person

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by devank, 20th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. devank

devank Well-Known Member

"AFP have claimed that the raids were in relation to the leaking of documents related to the underperformance of the NBN rollout "

" it was simply taking too long to sit around and wait for the files to upload."

" with slow upload speeds allegedly forcing the officers to have to collect documents in person."

Slow Internet Forces AFP To Collect NBN Documents In Person

This news made me laugh :)

Beanie Girl, Westminster and hobo like this.
  2. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

I wrote this yesterday, in part, because I hate to see good threads started by someone not have a single contribution in response
    and in part, just to share my thoughts - stream of consciousness - like ala James Joyce (Irish literary author)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This made me laugh out loud - the above post by devank :p

We have come to lampoon this act of the AFP and ridicule it
    because to contemplate or face the stark reality of what just happened might be too shocking to some
    Knocks on doors at late night by plainclothes 'goverment' men only happens generally in 'police' states
    where people (and whistleblower documents) are whisked away in the middle of the night, never to be seen again
    at first it sends a shiver up your spine
    then a shiver of comedic delight as serious faced government AFP men in suits came to 'arrest', 'catch' and 'seize' some documents
    It was so hilarious to see - like it was some kind of life and death situation
    so used we are to seeing AFP involved with life and death situations like anti-terrorism raids, drug raids, counterfeiting, slavery
    but to some people it is a mighty struggle of life and death
    Their life, your death or
    is it your life, their death?

They say truth is always the first casualty of war........o_O

devank likes this.