Freestanding oven on platform

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by MAP, 23rd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MAP

MAP Active Member

Hi all

There are a lot of 90cm freestanding ovens out there that come standard with legs. Is it safe to completely remove the legs and put the oven onto a platform?

I just moved homes and this is the case in my new place, however the oven is really old and needs replacing so I want to take the same approach but I can't see anywhere online or in product manuals that note it is safe to remove the legs and put onto a platform. My platform is 14cm.

(kind of like how you would insert a standard oven into the space in cabinetry)

Has anyone come across this issue or able to make any recommendations?

Thanks

Old oven pic.jpg

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A 900 wide oven can produce a bit of heat and likely is called free-standing for airflow. Check the manufacturer installation book for any required clearance and airflow.

Most are called "freestanding" and I suspect thats a design feature for airflow. Some do have a base rather than legs.
    Appliances Online

The 140mm height may not comply and leave insuffient gap to a range hood too and leave a high mount vs the benchtops on each side. Ilve say

Matt black legs can detach for a built-in fit or are adjustable from 75mm to 110mm
    The legs also act as a support for a plith between end cabinets (concealed legs)

Last edited: 23rd Mar, 2021