Freedom Property Investors

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by lightbringer, 3rd Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. squids

squids Member

Buying Range Rover = Bad
    Buying Kluger = Good

2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Aargh. I keep getting Freedom ads on my Youtube videos. HTF does that work, and why me? Must be the cookies on PC??

Unfortunately, seeing I'm a TA and don't pay for Youtube Premium, I've got to endure about 6-7 seconds of sales pitch each time (twice) before I can fully skip the ads.

Dopetik likes this.
  3. Ali555

Ali555 Member

My experience with Freedom hasn't been a great one. They lured me in through their promise of 100% 60 days money back guarantee and benefits if I signed up on the spot after their webinar or the next call session. I didn't sign up on their webinar, but signed up in their follow up call.

I wasn't very sure about my property investment journey so I was keeping the 60 days $3000 money back guarantee. After a few sessions, I signed he EOI (Expression of Interest) contract for a specific property and gave the $1000 refundable bond.

Then later when I decided to not go ahead with Freedom, and asked for a refund, behold they said I'd signed the EOI and my $3000 wasn't refundable. They even showed me their Terms and Conditions which mentioned that, even though they never mentioned that in their webinar or when I signed the EOI.

Luckily I asked for help on this forum and @momentum26 pmed me. We had a chat over the phone and he told me to not give up without a fight. He introduced me to tell them that I will complain to consumer affairs and the ACCC. As soon as I mentioned that, Freedom called me apologies and promised to return my membership fee. So I finally got my full return.

Kudos once again to the kind members like this forum like @momentum26 who helped me out! :)

4. Mitchjf

Mitchjf New Member

I am dealing with the same thing at the moment. Have asked for the money back as they failed to provide what they promised. I have gone to the ACCC so looking forward to getting the issue resolved. It really shows what a company is all about on how they deal with complaints.

5. Ali555

Ali555 Member

Apologies, just saw your post. I'm so sorry to hear this. Let me know of how you went an feel free to PM me if needed. Did you ask them for your money back and told them that if they don't give your money back you'll complain to ACCC and the consumer affair? If so, how did they respond?

6. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Saw a video on Youtube (ads again) where Scott was claiming 2022 will be a boom year for property.

Wonder why he thinks that given the headwinds eg rates, inflation, wars, boom we've just had etc.

I wanted to know his thought process/reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Apr, 2022
  7. datageek

datageek Well-Known Member

If you're in the business of serving property investors, you don't want investors to get nervous about the market's future. So, a positive outlook is a must-do from a marketing perspective.

But from my own analysis, I can't see anything in the immediate future to suggest growth will slow "significantly". Slow, yes, but not significantly.

It would take a big interest rate rise to cool property. Is our economy that much out of control that it needs a big rise?

APRA stepping in and limiting finance would be a show-stopper.

Rekke, craigc, Branden and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marjorie

Marjorie New Member

Brisbane Bridgeman Downs
    Brisbane Cleveland
    Melbourne Eynesbury
    I don't know the dates but they stated on the last forum that it is a current growth spot.

9. Singhsaab

Singhsaab Member

Farrrrr out. I was going to hit BUY on the membership and a little birdie asked to to do a quick google search and I stumbled upon this thread. I had no clue whatsoever that they are somehow working in collaboration with builders and selling their OTPs. Gosh i am so glad that i came here. Hahahah

momentum26 and James.Syd like this.
  10. newbie65265

newbie65265 New Member

Hi, I was doing some research and google brought me here. Is Freedom Landmark Investment?
    thank you.

11. PrisChan

PrisChan New Member

I had an evening session with them the other day. Trying to sell me a propety and then showed me a so called document about rental guarantee for a similar propety via zoom but he doesn't have the rental guarantee letter for the propety that he's trying to sell me and forced me to make a decision less than 24hours.
    When I google that company who provides the rental guarantee and propety management, they don't even managed the Perth propety so go figure.
    Have asked for my money back and no response.
    Guess I will have to escalate to ACCC!

12. datageek

datageek Well-Known Member

Where was the property they were trying to sell you, which suburb?

13. PrisChan

PrisChan New Member

Baldivis

14. Untamed Australian

Untamed Australian New Member

So freedom are actually selling a product?

15. Guy_Lander

Guy_Lander Member

Switch to Brave browser mate. No more YouTube ads

Lacrim likes this.
  16. Guy_Lander

Guy_Lander Member

I must say, this is by far the most rewarding thread I have read regarding OTP vs Existing and goes to show how some 'operators' work offering little value addition w.r.t the costs incurred.

17. Lucygirl2021

Lucygirl2021 New Member

hi there. I have purchased a house and land package with Freedom. The suburb is Gregory Hills. I’m started to think I’ve made a big mistake after reading everyone’s notes

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Jul, 2022
  18. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

What specifically is your concern with the H&L package you have purchased?

megsfan likes this.
  19. Lucygirl2021

Lucygirl2021 New Member

It’s the buying established vs house and land. I would do it differently now. Having read so much on this site, I have big regrets!

I saw their ads on Facebook and had been thinking and reading up on investing for a while. They bulk buy, pass on to clients and yes, talk about depreciation, rental guarantees, ‘special discounted rates’ for their clients.

However, when you sign up to something like this and don’t have experience being your first investment property, you may feel that you go along with their recommendations. At the end of the day, it’s up to you, but you don’t always know the right questions to ask. There should not be an urgency to pay to sign up, in case you miss out as they will run a workshop again.

I wouldn’t do a house and land package again. We’re paying an extra $44,000 in building costs -
    Bought it in Sep 2020, land settles in a month - Aug 2022. Was told it may be another 12 - 18 months away.

I could say more but don’t want to get myself in trouble

momentum26 likes this.
  20. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

House and land isn't anywhere near as problematic as Off The Plan (OTP) apartments where there are dozens (or even hundreds!) of almost identical apartments in the same location coming online at the same time.

We have a few well established members who are doing H&L packages - but then again, they aren't using a service provider but are sourcing these themselves.

Yes, building anything right now is problematic - plenty of threads discussing the delays in the industry, they are very wide spread. Increased build costs is across the board - everyone is suffering.

At the end of the day - time does tend to fix most mistakes. If you hold long term - the property is likely to go up in value, even if you end up with negative equity in the short term. Without knowing the numbers, we couldn't comment on how good/bad the deal is - but I wouldn't necessarily panic at this point.

However, if you are massively stressed about things - perhaps seek some independent legal advice? If you haven't even settled on the land yet, there might be an opportunity to cut your losses and get out?

You might also want to try and get an independent opinion on the likely value of the property / build you've purchased to see whether it is a reasonable deal - it could still be worth proceeding?

At the end of the day - as much as people on this site might advise against certain approaches or are critical of a service provider's business model - that doesn't necessarily mean you've been sold a lemon. It could end up being really good for you. It's impossible for us to know without understanding the exact details of the deal.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia