VIC Frankston

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bbmick, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Frankston, Frankston south, North and east. How would you rank them now? I'm over in Melbourne during Easter... Thinking of visiting Frankston. I think someone said one should avoid south.

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

The south is the nice, exensive part near the school and on the cliff. The north is apparently dodgy but more likely to get a better price there. More houso, I think.
    Then there's Karingal, Franga Heights and Central Fr. Could be more divisons too.

dootsiez likes this.
  3. larrylarry

Thanks now I remember. In the Vic write up post by Jake, there's view that Frankston isn't doing better than other suburbs within Casey LGA.

4. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Frankston prices are quite expensive (central and sth). Alot of people from the bayisde suburbs are either investing in the area or moving down permanently.

You look at the numbers and itll tell you that in the last 2 years growth has been higher than normal.

larrylarry likes this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Maybe now is not the right time. Maybe there will never be a right time for Frankston...something you're going to have to research and decide on for yourself.

6. larrylarry

Yah. You're right. I'm not looking for spectacular gains but something I can add value easily.

sauber likes this.
  7. Eleven

Eleven Well-Known Member

There's good people everywhere. But a higher percentage of bad in some districts. Locals try and keep their distance from "the Pines" district.
    I've experienced it myself!! I had contracted to rebuild a public building just over the road in neighbouring area. In 5 months I had 3 events. Each time I filled in a police report. Incident one Vandals - Live water pipes cut off, water gushing overnight. Incident two -timber weatherboard cladding goes up one day, it was stolen overnight. Incident three - Vandals threw paint cans over floor and walls.
    Any development in this location you must allow for CCTV (say 3k) during build phase and also allow for theft (say 5k-10k). Or alternatively, let the builder worry about it......
    I've also done rebuild work on 2 former drug labs in "the Pines"

Having said that, I'm a firm believer that Frankston is a awesome location that will exceed expectations one day. I've been monitoring it for 20yrs and it has underperformed. The lifestyle is amazing in these areas and it's a no brainer for a young family starting out or others that want to wind down near the bay or ocean. In time, the riff-raff will either be forced out due to higher prices, pass away or get locked up. The big question is... Time.

Last edited: 28th Feb, 2016
    HappyCamper, sauber and WattleIdo like this.
  8. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Seems like nothing has really changed from the late 90s. Great location close to the beach but I rather go further up to the CBD in Seaford

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yeah we get it - you grew up there and don't like it. No probs. Am looking forward to seeing the new station and cbd clean-up. I wouldn't know whether it has or hasn't changed since the 90's but my guess it it has. You probably have too - hope so. :)

melbournian likes this.
  10. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Seafords overpriced now! Prices are just ridiculous

11. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

Even though I have a soft spot for Franga - and spent a whole year or so going to opens/auctions etc, I've still never pulled the trigger. :rolleyes:

Now I read a story about the continuing Ambassador Complex saga & it just makes me wonder how long it will take for the reputation of Frankston to change.

Melbourne's cheapest apartment: but could you ever live there?

I've never looked at the Ambassador apartments (although I did spend my wedding night in a honeymoon suite before it closed down), so never got to look at the documentation....but it seems there was/is an unusual condition which would surely bring this place down.

Quote from above link:
    "An unusual condition placed on each of the ex-motel titles by the Victorian Administrative and Civil Tribunal in 2006, means owners cannot use the dwelling as their primary residence."

Surely if there was a greater mix of owner/occupiers allowed in from the start it would have made a big difference to what has now become a total shambles?

sauber likes this.
  12. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I just got a shiver down my spine!! Sorry :):):):)

sauber likes this.
  13. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Franga south in the local media for top end property being in demand. Been to a couple opens for the near and just over million mark....seems to be a lot of interest. Even the bottom end of Frankston south has still seen some really strong results recently. Talk from local agents that there is strong demand for the school zone location.

larrylarry likes this.
  14. larrylarry

Where is the pines?

15. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

The Pines Frankston North, Street names are all tree names.. Monterey, Poplar, Radiata Norfolk,etc if you were to look at the land size, all the corner blocks are big enough..for subdivision. Used to have a lot of stigma, high crime area etc.
    My OPinion a low price point with a long way to improve.. One hour on the train to Melbourne, 10 minutes to Frankstone City, 3 minutes to decent beaches.. for Melbourne. I bought near there,. Single woman renovating her own place.. I found the local tradies very helpful,
    I checked with the local constabulary. They mentioned a particular household .. but who knows, they may have moved on by now!
    I hope this helps

Yujin and larrylarry like this.
  16. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Frankston nth has big nlock. And now they are asking over 300k for homes there even 300+ for units too. So there is value there to be found.

On another note i called up an agent about
    2 hood st frankston
    12 bluegrass walk

and both reckons they cant get me the price of the sale. Id like to know if anyone has it or can find them for me that would be super.
    Cheers
    Sauber

17. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

15 james st sold for 634k (central frankston)

18. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

40 Jasper Terrace Sold $1,090,000

Great result, beautiful house with a pool, but zero backyard space and about 25 steps to walk up to the front door, had a Squizz through it when it was open.

sauber likes this.
  19. larrylarry

I saw the giant gnome. Yucks. It's an okay town. Saw a couple of houses...

20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Nice sea breeze? Any progress on the station?