VIC Frankston

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bbmick, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

You know we need to talk about Frankston ;)

Even though I don't have an IP in this town, I would still buy one if I had the cash.

Just read on the Frankston Leader FB page that the owner of the old Ambassador Receptions site is starting demolition in less than 2 weeks.

Quote:
    "Get ready to pop the champagne corks.
    We've just had a chat with Joanna Kordos - who owns the derelict Ambassador function centre - and she says all being well the building will be demolished in about one and half weeks.
    Ms Kordos wants to replace the centre - widely derided as Frankston’s worst eyesore - with a four-storey building featuring 37 luxury apartments."

South East Water will be relocating 700 workers to their new building later this year.

The Frankston Station Precinct Redevelopment is being fasttracked - can only be a good thing.

Tekoz, sauber, S.T and 1 other person like this.
  2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yes that's good news bb. Looks like there are going to be some substantial changes happening in the near future. Frankston not doing too bad atm either - some CG creeping in....
    watch this space!:oops:

3. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

How's Frangas North in comparison?

4. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Let's add Carrum Downs to the Frankston thread.,..it is Frankston council area. Seriously anything for sale is under contract!!!

WattleIdo likes this.
  5. jafeica

jafeica Well-Known Member

WattleIdo and larrylarry like this.
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

It's been a long time coming but very welcome news. Thanks jafeica. I wonder how far it will go? It's not 7 years since the last boom. Wonder if it will even reach boom time.

Let's start a Frankston fan club thread once we've all settled here. :p;)

Property Observer | 15 June 2015

Housing market conditions for Victoria are the best overall nationwide according to new data released today.
    The Commonwealth Bank-CoreLogic Home Buyers Index (HBI) April 2015 found that out of the ten 'best sellers' markets nationwide, seven were located in Victoria.
    The report considered property in Mallee, Loddon, Barwon, Wimmera, Melbourne and the central highlands as part of a balanced market.
    Eastern outer Melbourne, Hume City and Melton-Wyndham were considered 'extreme' markets.
    [​IMG]

bbmick likes this.
  7. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

We've been talking about Frankston for 15yrs ever since the East West link was said to boom it!

If we have to talk about a rural suburb in Melbournes south east we're much better off talking about Berwick. Turns out I was right about Berwick over Frankston as growth has (and always has) been superior :). Notably over the past 12 months and last quarter. Oh and the last 30 years!

Note outer south east is an "extreme sellers market" and not only a mere "sellers market" like Frankston ;). Why you would live/rent for considerably more in dumps like Springvale/south east Clayton/Ringwood in comparison has always been beyond me. When Berwick is 4 stops/15 minutes up the road :D

Worst thing about Berwick is it's full of narcissistic white trash teenage girls. After being raised here myself and abused there's no way in hell I'd ever raise my kids here. The area is swarmed with low class divorcees that raise their kids no values, nothing to do here either. The low class get extremely bored and discontent with being friendly.

That high school was by far the most toxic environment I've ever been in. Terrible area full of degenerative, misanthropic, psychopathic teenagers. Just make sure to send your kids to Haileybury/Nossal or that evil low class school will deprive them of adolescence. BSC has an average atar of like 42. The effect these low class can have on you growing up can derail your entire future.

Last edited: 22nd Jun, 2015
  8. EK01

EK01 Well-Known Member

Had my 21st at the Ambassador many years ago - was the place to stay if you were visiting the area (aside from the caravan park on F/Flinders Rd of course).

In all honesty, I last visited the area 2 years ago after leaving in late 1998. Demographically not much had changed at all, if anything the area around the station and Young Street shops had gone downhill if that was possible from my time there. Sad, I loved growing up there when I didn't know anything else!

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

But no worries. The station is getting a major makeover. About time, ey?
    BTW: love your avatar!

10. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

My 2c.

Hired a car and drove around Melb last week, including Frankston for the very first time.

Frankston & Frankston North looked a lot better than 2770 (no offence to 2770 I wish I bought up there when I had the chance!). Saw lots of mums walking their kids or pushing prams through these suburbs. The yards looked neat and tidy. The streets were clean. Hardly spotted any wire fencing with old mattress/sofas out the front of the house or questionable-looking people walking around.

The beach is nice (there was noone there, possibly coz it felt like it was sub zero degrees), nicer than Brighton Beach imho [yep I said it! You are of course entitled to disagree!].

However, it is further from Melb CBD than I expected.

In my view, the biggest challenge for Frankston is its distance to CBD, you can't change that unfortunately (unlike stigma, demographic etc). Freeways and public transport can assist ... I wish if they would run express trains that take 40min to CBD, that will make a huge difference.

Skyegirl, ej89, HappyCamper and 2 others like this.
  11. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Shoulda traveled a bit further South to Dromana and had a beer with me!

Frankston I know well. It is about an hour by train, so not out of range for commuting. I use the train from there to go to the footy at the Gee or Etihad to see my Maggies play...usually an hour.

Considering that folks are commuting from places like Ballarat, Kilmore and so on - out in the middle of nowhere - i reckon Frangas has a lot more to offer.

It's also about 45 mins by car to the CBD. In the absolute height of peak hour it may be the full hour by car - I don't know that trip having never done it and try to avoid it.

12. jafeica

jafeica Well-Known Member

There are express trains (express from Cheltenham onwards) to the city in the morning and then from the city in the evening which speed up the journey a little

13. joe2030

joe2030 Well-Known Member

I also interested in this suburb because of the median house price range, the train station, the big shopping centre and close to beach. The statistic point of view, it looks good. What kind of bad reputation Frankston has?

14. bythebay

bythebay Well-Known Member

Bayview I will look you up next time I go down :)
    Love the hot springs in Mornington, google mapped dromana which seems not too far from there :D

15. Natedog

What? No post on Frankston in over a week? What's going on? :)

WattleIdo likes this.
  16. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Melton? Extreme market? Surely not...

17. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I also wouldn't really call Frankston a 'sellers market' yet - quite balanced ... from what I can see (online).

sauber likes this.
  18. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Full of skanky bogans, welfare and drug demoraphic...low-end Falcodore scuzz and "car wrecks in front yard" types..

There are some good parts though.

19. bbmick

bbmick Well-Known Member

Natedog and WattleIdo like this.
  20. Natedog

Anything in the Frankston High School zone is generally held in higher regard and $$$. Given the effect on prices that good public high schools have had in other suburbs, I think in the long term it's worth a look at one in the franga high zone.

WattleIdo likes this.