VIC Frankston Council Ranked Worst

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mick, 12th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

The Frankston Leader this week published the results of a ratepayer survey that has ranked Frankston Council the worst in metropolitan Melbourne.
    Doesn't surprise me at all. What a shambles.
    They botch everything they do - even the new road works outside Frankston station where the road was made so narrow that buses can't drive down it without ripping off car mirrors - what a joke - but of course no one will take responsibility .And of course it will have to be redone costing ratepayers $$$ millions. The CBD is an ugly ruined mess.
    I had to deal with them over the last couple of years to get approval for a 3 townhouse development and they seem to make it as expensive and as long a process as they possibly can.

At present Frankston Council is doing a review of its policies and zoning of its Green Belt. One third of the area of Frankston City is actually a Green Belt. It is a wasteland of small degraded land holdings that could be used for the financial benefit of the owners and council if some development and subdivision was allowed but I know that after a long expensive process of review that nothing will change and the lefty greeny mob will win again.

Roads through the Frankston Green Belt are a nightmare in evening peak hour where people crawl home to their homes in Casey where mass development has taken place.
    Hall Road is gridlocked every evening. Taylors Road, a sand and gravel road has been destroyed by the amount of traffic, residents live in a dust storm - with deep corrugations and large trees growing to the side of the road it is the worst road in Melbourne (the opinion of a couple of couriers and servicemen who drive all over Melbourne) yet the Council does nothing to improve this potential death trap despite constant pleas of residents.
    End of Rant.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Good on Frankston for keeping the green belt.

3. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

One of Melbourne housewives is from Frankston I think. She downgraded to Toorak allegedly.

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Maybe cos council staff are useless in general. Add to that all the weed or other drugs they take.

Maybe their next idea is a waterproof teabag?

Or a solar power torch?

Or a book on how to read

Mick likes this.