VIC Frankston 2020

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by samiam, 1st Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darren0

Darren0 New Member

Thanks for your advice,

Yeah I will be ready to build now, have a feeling this property would go to mid 600ks though. Despite the location, only thing I'm not sure about is the attractiveness/value appreciation of 2 bedroom townhouses in Frankston, compared to 3+ which is what we have done in the past in the east.

On the side note on location, would this location be considered much less attractive to you? 10 Bondi Avenue, Frankston VIC 3199 | Domain

2. Harris

Harris Well-Known Member

2 bedders in central frank are quite popular - 2 bed 2 bath new units should fetch $500k+ in the current market. Bondi Ave is a good location however if I was you, I would go with a 700sqm+ block in central frank and build 4+ units. I bought an 870 sqm battle axe block on Queen St 2 months ago and my architect is confident that we will get 6x2 bedders on them. The council allows higher density closer to activity centres and there have been a lot of new permits issued for high-density units over the past 2 years.

If you could bring your per unit site cost to below $150k, you significantly add a lot of equity in your build project. Let the agents know about your requirements as there is a lot of stock changing hands before it's advertised.

3. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

The house I currently have in Frankston is rented out . I had it rented out in 5 days! And only 4 weeks ago And got more than I was asking so the rental market in insane atm. I had my doubts but was proven wrong!!! Long term Tennant who are looking at retirement. The dream Tennant!!

Frankston has seen so much change over the last 6 years. I could list everything but you'd be here for a while.

Happy to mention anything about both suburbs as I've been in both and know the area for a VERY well!!!

Sauber.