Fractional Property Investing- Brickx

Discussion in 'Innovative Property Investment Techniques' started by House, 25th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Michael V

Michael V Well-Known Member

Well when you put it like that @Sea Eagles88 ... No idea :) we don't know how many transactions they are making or will make in the future either.

2. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

What I find interesting is their concept of 'wholesale' and 'retail' properties. Apart from mortgagee possession (foreclosed) properties (which banks pretty much sell at market-value - as in, asking prices you'd find on rea and domain); and of course state government resi sales (mostly ex-housing commission in low socio-eco areas and the occasional probate estate sale of a regular property - as in, any kind of house), there is no 'wholesale and retail'. And certainly not in these posh areas.

If a bank forecloses on a $1mill apartment in Mosman (unlikely... but sure, lets go with this example), they dont just go to 'wholesale' market to sell it for $700k or $800k etc. These properties get taken to open market listing and yep, thats at that $1mill price tag, not some discounted rate.

Houses aren't like buying a pair of New Balance trainers where the same pair that retail at Myer for $150 can be found online or at a warehouse sale for $80.

Michael V likes this.
  3. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

Exactly the idea is to roll this out to 10,000+ properties once the infrastructure is in place.

Its an interesting idea and to be honest as long as they keep costs low.....could provide a decent return BUT for the effort I cant see myself investing.

You might also be interested in checking out www.point.com as an interesting business model still early days but has some serious money behind them.

Perthguy and Michael V like this.
  4. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I like this idea.

But I like the idea of being a shareholder in a manufacturer of bricks like Brickworks Ltd (ASX: BKW) just a little bit more...

Gockie and John Ferguson like this.