Forums

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by MTR, 13th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Or they could simply conduct a search, they are likely to find the answer

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Oct, 2018
    Perthguy likes this.
  2. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I agree with how it is presented, as we all hold different values attitudes and believes.
    I once attended a renovation forum and they had a speaker on how to negotiate or resolve conflict.
    They mentioned something called circle of assertiveness. They explained that since each one of us holds different values we should always start a conversation or remark or answer by mentioning the person first.
    For example, a lady couldn't get along with tradies in QLD as she would always dictate her wishes first. She said, 'You need to be here first thing in the morning as I have booked the tiler and he will be here by 1 pm'. Instead she could have said, 'I understand you have bills to pay you may be worried where your next job is coming from so I understand you position but I just wanted to let you know that I have booked a plumber and he is coming at 1 pm so I would really appreciate if you could be here say 9 am morning?
    If they continue giving no answers, again you would start the conversation with them first like, 'I understand you ..... but need to communicate.....so would appreciate'
    This can be applied to any discussion.

MTR likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump

No new forums for me.. but am all ears on any subject matter?

4. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Property and politics have always been joined at the hip.
    But most forums are very moderated these days.

How can politics not be involved in RE when there is a significant percentage of the population and some elected reps that follow an ideology with a manifesto that espouses there should be no private property?
    These politicians and people believe that you should not be allowed to own a house, or worse an investment property.
    That your wealth should be taken from the state and redistributed to those who didn't work or save, on top of the 46% income tax and every other tax you have paid.
    Some say it openly, others moderate themselves.

Of course this system has been tried a few times and not only failed but ended up in major humanitarian and economic disaster.
    And yet it's not only making a comeback but is described as "progressive".