Entertainment & Music Fortnite

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Tim86, 21st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

Just finished Uncharted 4 single player. Great game play and really good story.

Re Fortnite, tea bagging teens can have at it. It's not for me!

2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

They NEED to make the next Half Life!

There is Tea Bagging in a LOT of games. It just gives me a mission of targeting that person.

Dan Donoghue and HomePage like this.
  3. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Was playing the other day and this player hit a long distance snipe through the window of a house and headshotted the guy. The player proceeded to gloat by dancing.

It was very satisfying when the next moment I head shotted him with my own snipe.

HomePage likes this.
  4. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Yeah I really like the Uncharted games. I have a couple sitting there for me to start. Too many games so little time.

HomePage likes this.
  5. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

6. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Got to admit the fortnite community can be pretty funny. Screenshot_20180930-204118_YouTube.jpg

7. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Lol not free when you have kids. "Skins" start at about $15 for the ones that kids think are crap, and go all the way up to $150 as in app purchases. The developers were smart at selling it as a free game, they make their money on the in app purchases. Some of my kids friends have 50-60 skins- my daughter said that would cost hundreds and hundreds of $ to have that many. Im surprised how these other parents can afford $50-100 a week on this type of stuff. My kids have only spent $30 in the last few months of their own money, even that I hate them doing and try my best to talk them out of it.

Tim86 likes this.
  8. Glorion

Glorion Well-Known Member

That's just a copy pasta Tim!

I'm thankful I've quit hardcore gaming to pursue career, but I'm feeling the draw of Dota again. Currently working with a number of schools in the role of a student psychologist, and there is so much emotional dysregulation happening (usually in the form of anger management). We get so many teachers asking for intervention strategies and I have to wonder whether fortnite is a major contributing factor...

mikey7 and Tim86 like this.
  9. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I have spent I think $40 all up and have a lot of skins.

You can buy the battlepass for about $12. You then earn about $20 worth of in game currency by completing the battlepass each season. So you have enough v bucks to buy the next season pass which will give you 6 skins each season, plus you have v bucks left over.

You can also earn v bucks by playing the save the world game mode. I think that mode costs $25.

So if they want a new skin tell them to earn it by playing the save the world game and by completing battlepass challenges.

10. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Ive been working as a childrens and parents counsellor for 7 years... today alone Ive spent 2 hours working with kids on their anger issues. Let me know if you want me to bore you with my insights into the issues lol.

11. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Thats what mine have been doing- The battle passes. They have also each bought two $15 limited time offer battle pass things or something.. Still a rip off if you ask me. I told them to walk around as noobie or whatever they call them lol. I said who cares what you wear!

12. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Lol i figured because the game is free I didnt mind spending the money once for a battlepass. Ive never been able yo bring myself to blow $25 on one costume though like a lot of people...

13. HomePage

Why on earth would anyone pay real money for a "skin" in a game? Unless you are you wandering around naked in the game otherwise, who cares what your pixelated character looks like to others? Has vanity become part of game play?

miximitosis likes this.
  14. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I think! I told them its just a pretend game anyway!

15. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

If you've ever tried to get the perfect facebook profile picture then you are thinking the exact same way as the kids who want the perfect skin.

Its all about how you are portraying yourself in a social environment.

16. HomePage

Fair enough to some extent, but surely very few people buy and wear multiple outfits just to create a facebook profile portfolio. I certainly don't and in games I "wear" whatever free default duds there are.

17. Dan Donoghue

18. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

19. Dan Donoghue

No worries, I think it's only the train sequence but I will download also and check it out :)

Also check out Prospekt and Blak Mesa, both are brilliant playable half life stories :)

20. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i dont play games that are free to play like fortnite with the exception dota 2
    why ?
    Kids ?

and i play on PC..

for someone who has 3000 hours in dota 2 and 1800 on csgo.
    i deleted fortnite at the lobby screen lol..

go play a proper competitive game.

i quit both to return to wow ! less stressfull !