Forrestfield/High Wycombe - Dual Density Restrictions

Discussion in 'Development' started by Aaron Lane, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ppnuwan

ppnuwan Well-Known Member

I received the letter from Shire regarding this meeting.. Thanks Aaron Lane for the heads up.. Basically it's the same thing you've mentioned.. However we're supposed to confirm our 10 minute slot by in writing 2 days prior to the meeting.. We've got just 4 days left guys.. I'm sure there will be speakers who're against sub division as well so we should be attending and have our saying 'strongly' if we are to make a difference..

2. ppnuwan

1000 sqm rule would be the first and most crucial topic of the discussion.. I'm going to call Shire today and will try to get more information in this regard..

Big Daddy likes this.
  3. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Has anyone spoken to the Councillors who will vote on this?

ppnuwan likes this.
  4. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

just rang the shire because I'm down south at the moment, you can email your intention to 'make a deputation' to [email protected] for the attention of the CEO to book your 10 minutes of fame.
    Council are having a special meeting at 6:30 so depending how long that goes for the meeting will start anytime from around 7:15 I was told.

I'm also keen to see the min 50% two storey not go through. Plus the amended change to the proposed rezoning for my block from R25/40 to R20/40.

5. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Belmont has if to R40 - all it did was drive prices up.

6. ppnuwan

Out of curiosity, what's the big deal between R25/40 and R20/40 as long as you're going to use R40 code for development anyway?

7. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

Sure R40 would be great but maybe you decide there's not a market in the area for that type of product, or you want to develop but you don't want to risk being the test case as there is little or nothing like it in the area already.

ppnuwan likes this.
  8. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

A higher base coding gives you more options. Most lots in the area are 700 sqm ish. That means R20 is still a single house but R25 is a duplex.

ppnuwan and Ambit like this.
  9. ppnuwan

Any updates from yesterday's meeting? Shire hasn't yet published minutes of the meeting, can't wait..

10. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

I was a bit surprised and very encouraged, i think all but one deputation were pro infill and most wanted the 1,000sqm minimum removed. Quite a few long time owners wanting to develop and retain the front house etc.
    A lot of very articulate arguments I think it gave the council a lot of food for thought.

Aaron Sice and ppnuwan like this.
  11. ppnuwan

Great... You just made my day mate.. Fingers crossed for removal of stupid 1,000 sqm rule..

12. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

The agenda for Monday's meeting is on the shire website and it's not good news.

ppnuwan likes this.
  13. ppnuwan

Very disappointing.. It's the same list with zero changes.. I don't understand why Shire called for many meetings to get public opinions if they didn't have any intention to change the amendments in the first place..

14. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

15. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Time to amalgamate with neighbours

ppnuwan likes this.
  16. ppnuwan

I wish one of you guys is my neighbor...!

17. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Just another reason its never good to buy into speculative markets, areas & conditions. Land banking with the hope that the "proposed zoning" will a) go through the same as the original proposal b) go through ever and c) meet the criteria to subdivide.

HD_ACE likes this.
  18. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Fair call but if people don't want high density then they should close their mouth when affordability and urban sprawl is an issue

19. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

@ppnuwan you bought a corner block didn't you?
    One of the changes they are making is to remove the minimum lot size restriction for blocks with two street frontages. At the very least it should add value to the block in the medium term. I wonder if you could apply to retain the existing house since you have spent so much renovating it?
    Worth an enquiry when the changes go through.

20. ppnuwan

Thanks Ambit for your reply.. Yes, I do have a corner block, however it's not facing two streets.. It's the same street cornering at my property if you get what I mean.. However I still believe it'll be considered as a corner block as it can have two street frontages even though it's the same street..
    How are you so sure that they're going to remove the restriction for corner lots? If that's the case, I will be delighted.. And yes, I spent a fortune to upgrade the existing house (just inside though) as I do have sufficient space at the back for a new house.. and I was about to spent a fortune renovating the external as well and luckily I stopped after seeing the conditions... Now never ending dilemma until changes go through..