Entertainment & Music Foreign Films

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 13th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Life is Beautiful, Fanny and Alexander (Ingmar Bergman), A Royal Affair (Danish) are just some other great foreign films. MTR, I love The Intouchables, all the more because it was about a real man and his relationship with his carer. The real one is married, has two children and they live in Morocco (from memory).

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I know I did some research about the real man, found it so fascinating and how could anyone not be moved by the story, brilliant

We have good taste:)

BigKahuna likes this.
  3. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Vanilla Sky was a re-make of a Spanish movie I think. I haven't seen t but I really enjoyed Vanilla Sky.

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is a little gem

5. random

random Well-Known Member

l loveeeee so much of the stuff out of Europe , it makes you cringe at the Hollywood garbage we've been force fed all these yrs. NZ too also make some incredible stuff. Unfortunately l haven't see anything Oz that even comes close to any of it.

6. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

I used to dig foreign flicks when I was younger, but I find my tolerance for them is now extremely low. In particular, anything that is whimsical or meandering in pace with a bunch of selfish people in it just annoys me now. I've seen it too many times. In saying that, Hollywood movies are horrendous and have been for a good many years now. I'm on a film noir retrospective at the moment for a bit of study and loving the hard boiled dialogue and characters. But if I had to point out some foreign flicks for watching I'd recommend Battle Royale and just about anything Japanese from the 60s.

7. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

The Trip series of movies is worth a visit :D

MTR likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Toni Erdmann .........is slow to start but what a brilliant movie, I have never laughed so hard. All this and so much more