Education & Work Forced to work overnights

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Tim86, 24th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Far out. At what point do they work out the manager is ******* everyone off?
    What's the minimum time between shifts in QLD? Nursing is 8-10 hours I think.

2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

They give enough hours between shifts. Problem is the hours they give me arent sleeping hours (middle of the day then they take away your catch up night by waking you at 3am for a 4am shift etc...) Its all just a bit of a mess. But it should get less messy, fingers crossed. Will just have to see how it plays out.

3. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

What about shift swaps? Would it be possible to swap with other like minded people, to alter your non-working hours to something more manageable? Even just as a short term solution, this might tide you over to your LSL accrual.

Tim86 likes this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I remember doing alternating shifts (early/late changing weekly) once upon a time. It was a bit suck worthy because you couldn't get used to it. Then we got a manager with half a brain who gave staff the option to choose which one they preferred. Still a bit suck worthy, but much easier when you have the routine.

Tim86 and Gockie like this.