Food & Dining Food as Fuel

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Rolf Latham, 31st Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

And I've heard pectin helps your cholesterol HDL vs LDL ratios.

Propin and Perthguy like this.
  2. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

For over 12 months I have adopted an eating pattern whereby my intake of food is restricted to a 6 hour window. Generally between 1pm - 7pm.
    Eggs, salad and either fish or chicken, nuts, fruit and of course water. Steak once a fortnight with a good portion of fresh vegetables.
    I don't reward myself with food in the mornings as I haven't done any physical activity to earn it. After being in the surf for hours or working in the mornings, allows me to reward myself with food after midday. The 18hr " Fast" between meals has been beneficial weight wise, energy wise and concentration wise.
    Friday night is my breakout night with usually beer and fresh prawns. Probably lucky as I much prefer savoury over sweet.

David_SYD and Doncossack like this.
  3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite. I eat more in the mornings than in the afternoon/evening. Pancakes for breakfast, bananas for snacks and a "meal" at 10:30 am - teacher's lunchtime. I try to have leftovers from home or those frozen pasta things from the supermarket when I have not had any spare time to bulk cook on the weekends.

On the weekends we try to have our main meal in the middle of the day and a light snack in the evening. Unfortunately a bottle of red wine, brie cheese, olives, crackers and Red Rock chips probably aren't as good for us as I would like to think.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Or try semolina

5. Gockie

This one... so good! I like all the little seeds in it. Half the sugar of the other one. 20180913_124617.jpg 20180913_124605.jpg

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why not buy the individual ingredients you want, and pour them all into a large container, then mix. "Home made"

Gockie and samiam like this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Did you see the packet? You need to return it.

They want your feed back.

Gockie likes this.
  8. Gockie

Has anybody marinated chicken drumsticks or wings using Aldi marinade and think that it just made you hungrier after eating it? I feel that is happening. Wonder if the marinade is doing this.

9. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I’m early 30s, strong, great shape, fit, healthy, eat whatever I want, moderate my diet, workout hard and properly, love Krispy Kremes, eat them regularly, drink beer and wine 3/4 nights a week.

More often than not I find those preaching about diets, sporting achievements, exercise and hobbies, tend to be short, overweight and overcompensating for something. That’s just my experience.

Some people just have bad genetics and will always look chubby, fat and will get diabetes.

It really isn’t rocket science. Eat less calories than your body requires as energy and exercise. Keep your mind healthy with the right material. Enjoy life.

10. Gockie

Early 30’s, no problem! I see photos from my early 30s and my arms were so skinny back then. Ate anything I wanted and was still very skinny. Even had abs :)

The issue many people have is trying to stay like that into your 40’s and beyond.
    Good luck :)

Last edited: 10th Apr, 2022
  11. David_SYD

The science behind putting on weight doesn’t change though. It’s 90% a mental battle

12. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Eating less calories is important but where the calories come from is probably more important. Like eating protein and fiber have more effect on satiety than fat and carbs.

As for diabetes, some of the most fit people I know have diabetes. You even have many AFL players with diabetes so that has nothing to do with being fit.

By the way, if you think you are in great shape, try getting off or reducing the alcohol and see the difference ... you will be very supersized about how detrimental it is to your strength/fitness ...

13. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

Haven't tried that marinate in particular but i would think it's either too salty or too sweet which might be causing you to feel hungry still... Do you have any fiber (veggies) with it or white carbs?

14. David_SYD

Calories are calories when it comes to weight gain.

Re: Diabetes, I didn’t actually draw any correlations between fitness and diabetes. Diabetes is genetic and impacted by lifestyle (depending on type).

I have quit alcohol for 4 months before. Didn’t notice any notable difference, in fact, I found that I draw a lot of enjoyment from the taste of alcoholic drinks.

Moderation is key and actually being real with yourself. So many people make excuses when it comes to fitness and weight.

paulF likes this.
  15. Gockie

Maybe the problrm was that I was eating the drumsticks only, not adding anything else.
    Veggies are a good idea.

paulF likes this.