Flush previously tiled wall

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by robbie_p, 26th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. robbie_p

robbie_p Well-Known Member

Hi All.

I am looking at flushing off a small section of wall that was previously tiled (see picture attached).

As you will see, there is still adhesive attached to the wall. Where the adhesive was removed, the brown cardboard is left behind.

How would I go about flushing off this section of wall so it can be painted?

Thanks,
    Robbie

Attached Files:

2. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I do like the power point! Latest designer hipster range by the looks :D serious value adderer

2 ways i can think of off the top of my head
    1 get a scraper and scrap off the rubbish so there are no lumps stocking out and then fill and paint
    2 cut out the section and replace with a new piece of gyprock and finish.

I'd give no1 a shot first and see how it goes. Depends what's there and your skills

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Yep. Just scrape off the adhesive - doesn't matter if the paper comes off, too. Then just plaster and sand. Small tubs of mixed topcoat are cheap. A broad knife will help, as will one of those flat sander things for plaster - the ones with the mesh. No idea what they are called.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Angle grinder with very course grit sanding disc. A gigantic vacuum cleaner and dust mask. (This is what they were designed to do - grind).

158 likes this.