Floorplan Rejig- Advice needed

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Damon, 24th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member

How would you reconfigure the main bedroom?

In the main area, would 2.6m be wide enough for a bench and an island bench.

The dining will be next to a window, which ideally I wish that was a door to the alfresco area rather than the door in the living that opens to the verandah, but not enough room for a dining right near the door.

Strange strange floor plans back in the day.

2. tedjamvor

tedjamvor Well-Known Member

Maybe a little.

Was thinking you could do something along the lines of (probably not feasible)
    upload_2021-8-24_23-1-57.png

3. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member

I don't mind it. Bathroom a bit out of the way and have to walk through the lounge to get there, not ideal.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I would have the bed on the wall the adjoins the second lounge. There is enough room to do that

2.6m wide is enough for kitchen but by putting a walk in pantry or sculllery where I did you have the opportunity to go a bit deeper if you want as it pushes the island bench into a deeper part of the room. Standard depth cabinetry along the wall is 600mm deep then you want 1m between the cabinetry and the island bench then island bench can be 900mm or more

Then there is 3.4m left over for dining area. If it's a rectangle table that goes parrallel to island bench it will be fine and you can could convert that window to a sliding glass door I suppose if you want better access to alfresco. Walking around the table to get to the sliding door is something that plenty of houses have to do.

5. tedjamvor

tedjamvor Well-Known Member

It's not ideal at all, just throwing up something different. There's a good solution in here somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet (imo)

6. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member

My current kitchen has 900 wide island bench, 600 wide cabinetry along the wall, but probably 1.5m space in between. Need an extra 400m width.

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

1.5m between cabinetry and bench is a lot. You can definitely get away with less. Even on high end kitchens I only go 1.2m

wylie likes this.
  8. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member

A member of another forum has sent me this.

I like it. Do you think there is enough room for the dining to go in between the kitchen and entry to alfresco without getting in the way of the entrance?

Attached Files: