Flooring Choices - Canberra Apartment

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Martin73, 12th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Flooring options

Poll closed 19th Aug, 2017.
  1. Carpet throughout except in kitchen/bathrooms

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Carpet in bedrooms and timber/laminate/vinyl in hallways/living areas

80.0%
  3. Timber/laminate/vinyl in bedrooms/hallways/living areas

20.0%
  1. Martin73

Martin73 Well-Known Member

Hi all - I'm looking to replace some carpet in a 2 bedroom apartment and looking at options other than carpet throughout. I'm looking for some feedback on what do people feel about moving away from carpet throughout and the choice between carpet or timber-look flooring in bedrooms.

What are options other than carpet like in cold climates?

[​IMG]

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

If considering timber, check with body corporate regarding noise deadening requirements, probably not an issue for ground floor.
    Marg

Stoffo likes this.
  3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

As per Marg
    You need to be prepared with all the material specs when going to the body corporate.

I have recently supplied timber look tiles to all living area's, with off white in the wet areas and carpet in the bedrooms only.

I did consider floating timber, but as there are numerous tiled areas already I wanted to reduce the risk of noise complaint and water damage.........

So mine has a screed base, sound insulation material and another adhesive coat that glues the tiles down (apparently)

4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Agree re checking with body corp

Have you considered bamboo? We had it in our old PPOR - it's very nice and quite durable. Prices seem quite reasonable as well since there's more competition in the market now.

Cheers

Jamie

5. Martin73

Martin73 Well-Known Member

Thanks - bamboo looks to be a nice option although just reading up on the cleaning options i.e. steam mops aren't recommended.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.