Flogging A Dead Horse

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tropo, 27th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"One of the things that perpetually surprises me about trading and investing is the amount of absolute and utter rubbish that is spouted by people as if it were fact. The Dunning-Kruger effect is in full swing in market commentary and advice. This is old ground to those of you who are regular readers so if you don’t want me to hear me go off on what volatility actually is, how missing the best days is a nonsense concept and survivor bias best go get yourself a cuppa and do something else. For everyone else here we go."
    Flogging A Dead Horse - Trading Game

2. mtat

mtat Well-Known Member

True. But good luck with timing those worst periods.
    LOL do they know ETFs exist?

They have a trading mentorship program? What a joke.

Silverson likes this.
  3. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Obviously hasnt had much luck so far, so has to flog her trading system and books and do public speaking to to make money. And after decades only has networth of $4 million. Last audited results I can find available are from 2012 only a 14% return with high risk. Is that the best cherry they can pick? If it did work you wouldnt tell any-body ,because every-one would do it and then it wont work.

4. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

I think Monty Python did better out of flogging a dead parrot.

mtat likes this.
  5. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Much better to listen to this guy and read his news letters for free and invest your money in great businesses than a business plan that flogs punting.. He has verified and Documented returns of over 30% p/a for a decade including the F/Y just gone. Joe Magyer's ingredients for outperformance

willair likes this.