Fixed rates from big 4

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by grk349, 23rd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. grk349

grk349 Well-Known Member

hi. i was just wondering what the big 4 are offering existing customers to fix on main residence P&I?

I'm sure there was a what's your rate discussion about but i can find it

2. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

You'll find them on their applicable websites. ;)

Not a huge amount of negotiation happening outside of the carded rates for owner occ P&I as they're fairly competitive across the board - the real backroom negotiation games are being had in the investment loan space.

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

As Corey said - there's not a whole lot of movement from the advertised fixed rates on PPOR loans.

Having said that - find a comparable lender/products rate and approach your current lender with that offer. Let them know that you're considering a refinance and see what they come back with. No harm in trying :)

Cheers

Jamie

4. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

With CBA don't just go with the carded rate - I've been getting between 0.11 - 0.50 extra off the 1-5 year rates.

Look at competitors first and ask them to match, best to compare with majors - don't bother trying to get matches on credit unions or online lenders.

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The main deal out there from the majors for investment loan is the 2 year fixed, P&I at around 3.88%. They're all doing this (although with the CBA you have to negotiate to get it).

There are a few deals for 3 years P&I at 3.99%.

Zoolander likes this.
  6. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

I have an approval for variable settling shortly, but I'm planning on fixing as soon as it is settled. Been looking at the fixed rate for ANZ every few days, and yesterday the ANZ Breakfree package showed investment 2yr fixed dropped from 4.19 to 3.88. I wonder if it is a typo because it is the same as home owner rate for 2yr fixed so maybe they updated the web page incorrectly. 1yr and 3yrs for investment fixed remained the same at 4.29 though.

7. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

@Anthony Brew I would suggest that they got sick of price matching and have just changed their rate to match the competition.

Anthony Brew likes this.