First world problems 2022

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Lizzie, 3rd Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

FB have yet again changed their feed layout and interaction ... seems to happen every six months ... why? when there is nothing wrong with the existing layout!

So frustrating to have to reset and relearn. Up there with when supermarkets shuffle their shelving layouts around

Simon ... please never change PC

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a new garden rake, Whiz bang wide blade, light, well-balanced everything you want in a rake.

Dang thing has a very smooth aluminium handle which slips when you have dry hands.

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You're going to hate the new version when I finally get it finished :rolleyes:

6. Simon Hampel

While on the subject of online grocery shopping - my first world problem for the week:

I get my groceries delivered and typically choose a 9AM-12PM delivery slot during the week so that I can get the kids to school and be back in time for the delivery, and then go out to do other stuff after lunch if required.

So twice in the past two weeks the driver has been early. Last week he turned up at 8:30AM - and while it might seem good to be early, at that time I'm either waiting with my daughter at the school bus stop - or I'm walking her to school.

It was less of a problem in the past when the driver would actually bring the groceries into your house and so if you didn't answer the door, they would actually call you (this has happened once or twice). But since COVID, they will generally just leave the groceries on the front door step - which in our house faces north and gets full sunlight during the day.

As it turned out, the drama wasn't huge last week because my in-laws were staying with us, so they were able to do the school run while I sorted out the groceries.

So needless to say that this week I got a bit grumpy when I received a text message from Woolies at 7:09AM telling me that my order was next in line for delivery! I was about to have a shower and take my car in for a service - they were expecting me there at 8AM (plenty of time to walk home and get the 9AM-12PM delivery).

So I phone the support line and get to talk to the painful Olive (seriously people - it's a bot - just give me the info I want and quit trying to make small talk - trying to make it sound more human is just creepy) - who informed me that my order was scheduled to be delivered between 8:40AM and 9:40AM.

So which is it? Soon after 7:09AM? After 8:40AM? Or after 9:00AM like I had actually requested?

I asked Olive to let me talk to someone and she fortunately agreed to get one of her human counterparts on the line. Naturally, at 7:20AM this meant being informed that the next available staff member was likely to be 20-25 minutes away before they start playing the incredibly painful and annoying Woolworths jingle very loudly while on hold.

I figured I had time to have a shower and shave - which was quite unpleasant while my phone kept playing that damned jingle over and over while on speaker mode. Triggered!

Eventually, just before 8AM I was able to speak to someone - but trying to make them understand that I wasn't worried about my order not being there yet - instead it was the opposite - I was going out and didn't want my order delivered then but at the time I had actually arranged - proved a difficult task.

Finally I managed to make them understand and after putting me on hold multiple times, he finally called the driver who informed him that he wasn't due to get to my place until after 9AM.

The staff member offered to call me back later with more information - and so I was able to go and drive to the car service place.

While walking back home (during the noisiest part of the walk of course - crossing over the motorway), he did indeed call me back and despite the noise I managed to work out that the driver had apoligised for hitting the wrong button which sent the alert far too early. Human error.

I'm okay with that - human error happens. It would have been far more concerning if it was a systemic issue which was likely to keep occurring.

So all was well in the end - the groceries arrived soon after 9AM and it was even complete, with nothing missing and no substitutions for a change.

But my point remains - early isn't always better!

sharon, The Y-man and Gockie like this.
  7. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Note to self: must not use this as my profile pic....
    Screenshot 2022-04-07 122634.png

The Y-man

8. Simon Hampel

Instaban!

The Y-man likes this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

10. Scott No Mates

I have set up a new phone now I get all sorts of dang updates from twit-feed, f@rt-book, insta-spam, Goober-alerts, Lamest-News etc. (I won't acknowledge these mobs)

How does anyoone get work done with all these BS interrupters and focus disablers?

Lizzie likes this.
  11. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

When you order something in a drive through and they forget something in your order. Also, Subway putting too much sauce in your sub when you asked for only a little bit.

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

It seems I'm having my first cold or flu since Covid-19 changed everybody's life.

14. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The url bar on my phone browser is too narrow.

My wife wants to know why I'm spending time on pertychat.com.au

Scott No Mates likes this.
  15. Simon Hampel

I saved $7.99 in express delivery fees from JB HiFi by selecting Click-and-collect - but then the local store called to say they can't find the items their system says they have stock of and asked if I could collect them from their Macquarie store instead.

Cost me $11.40 in tolls to drive and collect them :rolleyes:

Angel likes this.
  16. Scott No Mates

Did she slap you?

17. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

When email tells you that you have an unread message (out of a list of a couple of thousand of read suckers) - but buggered if you can find it

Scott No Mates likes this.
  18. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I won theatre tickets to Harry Potter so we are travelling down to Melbourne for the weekend. Booked the flights on Saturday with Virgin. Only just now remembered I have credit to be used with Jetstar...

Angel, EN710 and Lizzie like this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I have two lots of covid flight credits (and a third that expired) - want to book a trip to visit the fam overseas - one lot I have to book via the online and hopeless travel company - second lot I have to book via the airline.

Thought - okay - will book one way with one and then book return with the other ... OMG! Trying to find available co-ordinating direct flights each way (so I'm not stuck there for a month) is proving to be a nightmare

20. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

So I’m waiting for my flight and there is only one lounge open

and they “don’t do tea” - only coffee.

:eek:

Lucky for my emergency tea bag stash and hot water from nice coffee lady.

Gockie likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.