First world problems 2019

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Gockie, 3rd Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Pre-booked 4 months ago paid the entry site car permits,nth nsw wales beachfront national park only 40 camper-van tents sites walking distance to beach,only to get a email today to say all the parks in the area are closed due to ongoing fires..

2. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Book in the next 10 years, guaranteed no fires after this year mate! This is the big backburn that’s been needed for a decade or two. ;)

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I agree 100 percent it takes over 45 minutes to drive through the national park and there is no way you would get out,just have to sit on the beach have a winnie blue and hope the car insurance covers a 15 mts wall of fire with the wind behind..

Phar Lap likes this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Train to Central Coast - there is no internet for large portions of the trip between Hornsby and Woy Woy.

It was bad cause I was filling in a form, (application for beach volleyball event - to be a scorer or lines person for the International Beach event next year), I put in all the details (the past relevant experiences etc) and all the details I had entered were lost.

I'm so used to the internet always being available so to have large periods of times when there's no reception for internet was weird.

Last edited: 10th Dec, 2019
  5. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

In Sydney, it may just be a matter of finding any that haven't been sold. I imagine they will have been extremely popular.

6. Gockie

I think the threads have mixed up! All good.

7. geoffw

Whoops, yes. That was supposed to be in response to the air purifier question.

8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Given the title of this thread, it's very annoying that Woolies at Top Ryde (NSW) have run out of Woolies gift cards 2 weeks before Xmas. Seriously, who TF is running the out of stocks?

And dont give me grief about gift cards for Xmas...

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The purchasing dept has met its KPI, sell all of the gift cards at full price. If they had a heap left over, they'd be giving them away after Christmas.

10. Gockie

Can’t argue that logic :rolleyes:.

Hmmm.... I have Woolies shares....:eek:

11. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Good for them, but like I said, who TF is managing their out of stocks? The majors are so desperate for margin these days, and Gift Cards are free money (the easiest kind), so as long as the KPIs are met is just OK? It seems that doing the minimal amount possible is regarded as OK.

Even Dan Ms cant manage their out of stocks properly, where there is no stock left on the shelf but more "out the back".

I suppose a lot has changed since I was in retail. Or not, maybe the only thing that's changed is a heap more retailers are going bust.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My old phone just died.

Problem? The new one arrived in the mail last week but I am still waiting for the correct sim card from Virgin for the new phone. It was supposed to be here yesterday. I cant just ring up and complain about it. Optus couldn't help me on Monday when I waltzed into one of their suburban stores. I just sent them an email about the simcard - bet it will take three days to respond

I am also sitting here checking the emails every five minutes to see if my car loan paperwork is ready to sign yet.

13. geoffw

Do you need a bigger SIM card or a smaller one?

In the past, I've been able to just get the card changed over at the shop when I needed a smaller one.

When I needed a bigger one, I just bought a SIM starter kit for $1 and put my small card into the adaptor.

14. Scott No Mates

If it is a smaller one, many are already cut out and simply pop out the centre of the sim card

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

O yea of too much faith in me.

My old phone is, well, very old. The new one is also sold by Optus, but the lady at the Optus shop on Monday couldn't help me. Apparently the shop doesn't sell the sim cards. Really? I have to phone Virgin because, like, they dont have shops any more. Mr Angel can deal with it tonight when he gets home. I suspect Virgin has locked my old sim because they imagine that the new card will have arrived by now during the Christmas delivery time :rolleyes:

16. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I simply went to JB HiFi and told them to give me the cheapest unlocked and swapped SIM over. Done and dusted in less than 30 minutes.

Too much fussing around for me otherwise.

17. Scott No Mates

Virgin isn't Optus just uses the Optus network. An Optus SIM won't work. Does Woolies, Coles or Officetwerks sell virgin SIMs?

18. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

Had a ripper today.
    Took the two youngest kids out for some running around earlier, and placated them with a Maccas lunch.
    We went into the store to order, it was packed and waited a while.
    Decided not to eat in, took the food to the car and left.
    Daughter opened her burger after we had driven a km or so - which was meant to be Cheeseburger with no onions or pickles.
    Instead she got cheese, pickles, onions - but no burger pattie!
    LOL.

19. geoffw

So I've arrived at home on Christmas Eve, with fires just 30km away. We live next to bushland - so when the fire engine sirens all started sounding close by, I started to get very worried very quickly.

Until I heard the Ho Ho Ho - and remembered that this was something that happened every year.

Gockie and KateSydney like this.
  20. Scott No Mates

A visit from the local hos? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.