First world problems 2018!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Scott No Mates, 11th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

It's now May, I know I should start preparing for my tax return this year (one of the depreciation report need to be updated.... again) but just got no motivation to do it.

Also realised that if I can cut my working week to 4 days a week, I'd still earn similar to my last job. But my current role is full time role so no part timing. I now also want the current salary for 4 days a week :cool:

samiam and Kassy like this.
  2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Put a load of washing on this morning - but forgot to change the automatic setting to cold water.

Wondered why the wash was taking so damn long - and learnt the wash time doubles as the machine heats it's own water.

By the time I worked it all out - was no point in restarting as a cold wash as the finishing time would take just as long ... and then ... being sheets ... it started the really annoying "unbalanced" alarm every 5 minutes

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Bought a fancy new heater on the weekend.

Weather all week is going to be mid-high 20s and sunny!

luckyone and Kassy like this.
  4. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Holy moly

‘I can’t live off $1000 a month’

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

6. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Took the wrong vline and ended up 1.5 hours away from home. Waiting for pick up and I'm bored...

luckyone likes this.
  7. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Let me introduce you to the facebook page
    Parking your camry after a hard day of being a right lane bandit

VB King likes this.
  8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

9. Gockie

I'm still finding it way too warm to be using the winter quilt and I think I might have gotten rid of my previous quilt (it was really old)

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It's unseasonably warm. And unseasonably dry.

Just forgetting about this being a first world problem for a moment. Farms are suffering. Sheep are dying on my sister's farm. Even with the rain they got overnight (too little too late) it's going to be a tough year.

11. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Thats Australia for ya!

Those that don't prepare and or allow for periods of drought, well, they should not be in the game, IMO.

LVR likes this.
  12. geoffw

Sure.

Just pointing out to the city people that the wonderful weather they are having has consequences elsewhere.

That may well be reflected in food prices in months to come.

Heinz57 likes this.
  13. Scott No Mates

Then it becomes a 1st world problem.

14. geoffw

It has been an Indian summer.

And you can tell it's an Indian summer when the forecast is for Apache fog.

LVR likes this.
  15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I am sooooo hungry but to tired to decide what I want to eat - so will stay hungry - and tired.

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Had to drive from our small country town into the big smoke today ... but there is not a single drive thru coffee placed for the whole hour long 110kmh trip

17. Gockie

Sydney right now... 1 month from winter. Screenshot_2018-05-04-13-09-52.png
    :( it's been a very dry year.
    Yeah. ..

Poor thing :(

awww :(

Lizzie likes this.
  18. Simon Hampel

Decided to change from doing a large fortnightly shop via Woolies Online and aiming for the magic $300 and thus free delivery - to doing smaller weekly shops.

Back when the kids were younger and we were buying nappies, formula, etc etc, we regularly spent well over this amount (had some $500 shops!). But of late, I've found I was adding unnecessary stuff to the shop just to reach the $300 and avoid paying $3 for delivery, which was a bit of a false-economy. We also don't have a huge pantry or freezer and so it can get tricky to fit everything in.

So this morning was our first smaller weekly delivery.

I usually select the 8am - 11am delivery slot because they always tend to deliver my large shop after 10am and that works well - doesn't clash with getting the kids on the bus in the morning, nor with me walking down the street to buy lunch.

But last night, I had this alarming thought - if my shop was going to be a lot smaller, I wonder if that means I'll be closer to the front of the queue and the shop will come earlier in the slot?

The bus arrives at around 8:30am, so between 8am and 8:25am I'm usually rushing to get the kids ready for school - so a delivery arriving during this time would be very inconvenient.

Guess what time the delivery arrived this morning? 8:20am !! :eek:

Fortunately I had a few minutes to throw some stuff into the freezer before running out the door to get the kids to the bus stop, so it didn't cause too much of an issue - but I'm going to have to rethink my delivery slot I fear.

Once my daughter is old enough to get herself on the bus, it will be much easier.

19. Scott No Mates

Anything to avoid trying to park at Lane Cove shops. $3 is a small price to pay.

PS. Can you get uber eats to pick up from your supermarket?

20. Simon Hampel

Woolies are actually trialling an express on-demand delivery service in some select stores (not near here). Maximum 20 items delivered for a flat $25 fee.

Express Delivery | Woolworths

What is Woolworths Express Delivery?
    Express Delivery is our new on-demand delivery service. Simply enter your delivery address, and we’ll calculate the fastest delivery time available. You can receive up to 20 items, for a $25 flat fee. Currently, the service is offered to local customers near the Eastlakes, Double Bay, Redfern and Mascot stores. To check if we offer Express Delivery to your address, enter it into the search section at the top of this page.

Is there an item minimum or maximum for Express Orders?
    There’s no minimum spend for a Woolworths Express order and you can order up to 20 items per delivery.

Who is delivering my order?
    We're partnering with Yello, an on-demand delivery service. Their drivers will nip to our Woolworths Express store to pick your shopping and then deliver it to you by car. (They go through certification and rigorous checks to handle groceries.)

What are the delivery hours for Express Delivery?
    Express Delivery will be available 7 days a week from the Eastlakes, Double Bay, Redfern and Mascot stores. Express delivery orders can be placed 1 hour after the store opens, and 1 hour before the store closes.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.