First world problems 2018!!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Scott No Mates, 11th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Going away for 2 weeks, returning 28th April. BAS due 28th April. Need to get BAS done now. Get BAS done now. Feeling good about getting BAS done now - but a heap of other work got put aside to get BAS done now. When submitting BAS, notice that my due date isn't actually the 28th April, but the 14th May. Discover that if you submit your BAS online you can get an extra 2 weeks to do BAS. Now feeling annoyed that I'm actually more than 1 month early with BAS. :rolleyes:

Kassy, Chrispy, TMNT and 1 other person like this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Speaking of tap and go ... after changing my PIN a few weeks ago, twice in the past week I have had to pay for purchases of just over $100 and both times I entered the old PIN and had the transaction declined. I so rarely use a PIN these days (because of tap and go), I keep forgetting that I changed it!

3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Caught the wrong tram and I missed the train by 1 minute. Next train were 20 mins away...

4. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Wow - I grew up in rural NZ and even we had three channels - channel 1 - channel 2 - channel 3
    - not very inventive

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I thought it was a ditch, not a channel. :confused:

Lizzie likes this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

... first world problem - finding dream retirement home, the same day get offered a sensational investing opportunity - can afford both but would be stretching uncomfortably

Kassy and EN710 like this.
  7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Got a free car here at the moment.

It's 88-year-old Father in Law's 1993 Camry and he is giving it to his grandson (our son).

Cause for celebration? No, hubby wants to make it roadworthy, as you would. - so far it has cost me $300 and it is nowhere near ready to go for a Safety Certificate. Financial-Genius was "fixing' the chip in the windscreen this arvo and now it has a full-length crack instead.

Son has nowhere to park it and no income to pay for rego and insurance. What's the point?

Kassy likes this.
  8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Ah - I feel your pain - married to one of those myself

Angel likes this.
  9. Scott No Mates

As I get older, I improve. Less sh!+, rip & bust with more 'looks like a bought one' now.

Sackie and Angel like this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I just missed the country train so now I'm on an all stations train that's about 10 minutes slower :(

There is an upside though - it goes all the way to Town Hall and beyond, not just to Central.

11. Scott No Mates

I thought Parramatta was in the western suburbs though it feels like the bush (yes, I realise you're now working in the big smoke).

12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Hubby puts the cutlery in the dishwasher basket up the opposite to me.

Makes it annoying when emptying as his "wrongly" installed items need to be pulled out separately, and turned around, before being put away.

Kassy likes this.
  13. Gockie

Really not impressed by a random car that's been parked on the grass outside my house, there is plenty of street parking available so why choose to park there?
    Maybe this is why a neighbour put up a pole (see between the green bin and the silver car) preventing people driving over the grass outside their place... I might just do the same. 2018-04-29 11.47.39.jpg

14. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

It would be better if you parked in Warsaw.

There's plenty of Poles.

Chill2205, Chrispy and radson like this.
  15. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I am reading your post incorrectly, but it seems like:-

Some guy just ran his car off the road, just missing my new Audi RS-Uber!

And nearly crashed into a tree in my front yard, but luckily it was some bland econobox!

And when I shouted what he was doing, he said, "A brown dog just ran out right in front of me, and I was right in the middle of sending a Tweet, so I didn't know what to do! And I dropped my cheeseburger!"

And then he ran off!

Hopefully the powers that be will consider what appropriate steps should be taken from there...

16. Gockie

Could be the story! Note that blue car parked on the street doesn't belong to us either... it belongs to some other random person, I have no idea who. Our own car is getting old... 11.5 years old with some electrical issues and peeling paint. Poor car.

(this is the first world thread so any comment goes)

We also get a huge van parked near the front of our house because people down our side street have a removalist company.... I don't mind it but the partner doesn't. We have heaps of street frontage in front of us. I just don't like that someone chose to park on the grass though. That's where we leave the bins for bins night....

Last edited: 30th Apr, 2018
    Kassy likes this.
  17. Scott No Mates

Wow! Your bins get taken out for a night. We're too stingy, ours fend for themselves :confused:

Gockie likes this.
  18. Scott No Mates

Woolworths service stations still only offer a 4c/litre discount regardless of whether fuel is worth $1.00/litre (when it was introduced a long time ago) or $1.60/litre currently. The discount is almost a nonsense.

19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

If you don't already have it, the PetrolSpy app is good. It gives crowd sourced prices for various servos. Around here there's price differences of 20c per litre just 10 minutes apart, so the app is well worth the money (it's free).

20. Scott No Mates

I recently realised that my working week was way too long, with Wednesday being the longest of the days in the week.

My days got progressively longer from Sunday to Wednesday then shortened again.

I resolved the problem by making each of my days equal so they're now Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Saturday & Sunday.

Weekdays are short and I get a long weekend each week.

Work that one out. :rolleyes:

Marg4000 and EN710 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.