First time poster. Assessing Qld market.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NatureGirl, 11th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

Hi I’m based on NSW Central Coast having moved from Northern Sydney. Always been interested in real estate. I’ve never lived in Qld only visiting on a few occasions but my mother lived in SEQld for 30 yrs and had several IP’s around Caboolture and Morayfield, none of which made her any real money and seemed to be troubled with tenants that ate into any gains. So she invested elsewhere. That was some years ago.
    I’ve been looking around at beachfront property at Beachmere on Deception Bay which is a stunning position. Private sandy beach’s, a quaint little village, boat ramp access to all that Deception and Moreton Bays have to offer, a nice pub and shopping centre. There is a large retirement population moving into a nice village.
    60 minutes to Brisbane, 40 minutes to Sunshine Coast, 40 minutes from Brisbane airport , 30 minutes to the Glasshouse Hinterland, 20 minutes to Caboolture or Bribie Island surf beaches etc etc,
    To a Qld novice it seems a desirable pick but the market has always been suspiciously ‘low’ for waterfront properties, though that appears to be changing. But maybe I’m just comparing Sydney/NSW prices.
    What controls the waterfront property market in Qld or this region generally? Is it that it is too far out of Brisbane or is there a socioeconomic shadow, has this changed with the pandemic and lower interest rates, will or has this part of SE Qld move ahead?
    Wondering whether this area is good to go or should be bypassed? Will prices drop after the Pandemic is resolved
    Thanks for thoughts

2. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

There's a few posts about the area already, have a read through

Deception bay [QLD]
    Deception Bay Gentrification / Development Thread
    Beachmere [QLD]
    Newbie on the Sunny Coast keen for advice!
    Ipswich or Deception Bay - IP [QLD]
    Looking to invest Brisbane
    Investment - North Brisbane
    Ipswich Logan / MB uni precinct/ Redcliffe and surrounds

3. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

Beachmere is quite far from away from, well, anywhere ;) it’s a bit of a drive out to the highway and there not much in the town itself. I think Deception Bay, Ningi, Sandstone Point, etc would be better options.

gman65 likes this.
  4. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

Thank you Lyndsey No, I am not fabulously literate in Blogs yet, this is my first experience so finding my way.....thanks for your direction❤️

Lindsay_W likes this.
  5. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

U

Hhhmmm, Interesting when I used to visit, I found the distance to drive to Beachmere was equivalent timewise to the trip out to Sandstone and closer than Bribie....Is this opinion based on Beachmere being off the Main road as a side trip? Actual Km and minutes don’t add up to me? Fabulous private sandy beachfronts almost comparable to Jarvis Bay NSW (not muddy at all) I guess I am talking the Bayside drive area which is closer to the main highway, not as familiar with the main beach at Beachmere. It is still only 40 mins max to airport and own private Beachfrontages.???

6. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

It’s that Bribie is a very popular destination, it has infrastructure and white sandy beaches. And real estate there can be expensive. Ningi and Sandstone Point are close to Bribie. Beachmere is close to nothing. It is a shorter drive to the main road than Bribie, that’s about it. Aside from the beaches on the eastern side of Bribie they are all mudflats around Morten Bay. ‘Fabulous sandy beachfronts’ is def not a term I would use to describe anywhere around there.

Deception Bay would be the best pick out of that general area though.

Last edited: 13th Nov, 2020
  7. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

No problem at all, you'll find plenty of helpful info here if you stick around long enough, lots of helpful members too

8. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

Lol..maybe “fabulous sandy beachfronts” is a little grandiose, in general for Beachmere, but having walked the dogs along that Bayside Drive leash-free strip I did note many of the properties do in fact have lovely white sandy ‘private’ beaches, with kids able to build sandcastles. No surf of course, unless you count a tropical low swell and wind wave, surf, and the tide does retreat for miles, but it was still generally, sand and great to walk on with the dogs, and horses too.

I’ve been watching this area more closely and it seems to me that the area is going off. There have been multiple options for waterfronts at Beachmere coming to market and the sales have increased significantly since the last time I looked.....You are right Firefly99, Bribie is too expensive for me......I might have missed the boat on this one though Previous years have struggled to get over $7Ks now $9Ks+. I wonder if a block of land becomes available if it would be a good option to buy and build?

9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi naturegirl, it would be a good idea to add a couple of other areas to your search, if cheap and beach is what you are after (as opposed to money) maybe a little further out towards Hervey Bay, even Rainbow Beach. Beachmere from memory is really pumistone passage which has its own charm, certainly conservation value ( seagrass and dugongs ).

Cheap and beach doesn't exist in Bris. Wynnum isn't either beach or cheap. Stradbroke Island is excellent except i think it might be expensive now.

good luck

10. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

actually my mistake Beachmere is southish of pumistone

11. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Woorim, or Redcliffe peninsula?

12. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

Thanks BFL. I think it’s less about the traditional ‘beach’ as in surf beach, than actually being absolute Waterfront......ie being able to sit in your lounge room or bed and look out at water as far as the eye can see. I had an absolute waterfront house in Northern Sydney, up until a few years ago, a river, not ocean. It was lovely to wake up to. I shall have to check out Hervey and Rainbow also.
    Yes Southish of Pumicstone but not by much.

13. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

I do like Redcliffe Scarborough area. Seems more expensive for waterfront though.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia