First time development and resources

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by 6Withmywoess, 19th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 6Withmywoess

6Withmywoess Member

Hi all,

What are your guys thoughts on doing a small development as a first property purchase and using development as a strategy to amplify my wealth base? I still live at home and are looking to move out into my own place in around 2 or so years, my thinking is that if i could buy a place and build one or 2 townhouses at the rear while keeping the existing property i could effectively ''house hack'' by living in one and renting out the others, that way i'd be providing a PPOR while also investing and generating wealth without just waiting for generic growth.

I know developments aren't straightforward and even small ones can be a headache and very time extensive but can be rather lucrative provided you've ran your numbers and know what you're doing. Hence why I would also like to ask if anyone could recommend any Australian property development books aimed toward beginners as well as any other resources related. I have a good idea of the general process of how it works but would like to learn more on how to analyze potential sites and work out if a deal is likely to be profitable.

Also would like to hear anyone's thoughts of me enquiring in the services of a third party development manager to help guide and oversee the project. I have been looking at companies like Little Fish property developments and they offer a range of services to help people.

Thanks

2. ADLO Projects

ADLO Projects Active Member

Hi,

Check out Ron Forlee’s development books and also Peter Koulizos has a development series on YouTube that may be useful.

I’d be interested in what other experienced developers think about the strategy you’re considering too.

All the best

6Withmywoess and House like this.