First Time Buyer Need Help Submitting Offer (QLD)

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Mashi, 17th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mashi

Mashi New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am acting on behalf of a friend, this is the first time either of us to submit an Offer To Purchase (QLD). We have a few questions we need help with and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Forgive me if I don't know the correct terms.

1. Deposit amount. We have 25%+ cash for deposit. Should we just put 10% deposit on the offer?

2. Finance. We have pre-approval with ANZ, would 21 days be okay for Full Approval?

3. Building & Pest Inspection. I have contacted 2 local inspectors and they both said 14 to 15 days before 1st available time. Should I put 21 days on the offer?

4. Settlement date. We are ready to settle asap. Would 42 days (21 BPI + 21 Finance) after the day we submit the offer be okay? Should we ask the agent?

5. Special Conditions. Wording will be helpful and any other recommended conditions. Do I put subject to Finance Full Approval (we have pre-approval)?
    So far I have:
    *Subject to Satisfactory Building and Pest Inspection by a registered/qualified building inspector.

Thanks for taking the time to read and help.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Are you buying jointly?

3. Mashi

Mashi New Member

No. I'm just doing all the research for the buyer and helping to find a property. I get all the joy and headaches for free. I should not have used the word 'We'.

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

To whose satisfaction eg to the vendor's satisfaction? Yours?

What is considered "satisfactory"? eg Some dry rot on timber work might be satisfactory for some but not for others.

The Y-man

5. Mashi

Mashi New Member

Since my friend is the purchaser, obviously it would be to my friends satisfaction.

What is Satisfactory, I guess that's what the report is for, only then would it be possible to make a judgment.

I don't know how to word the Conditions for the purchase offer. That's why I am asking for help.

Voldy2022 likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I suggest talking to the conveyancing lawyer for the wording. We've had a few people on this forum end up in bad situations because the wording and interpretation was disputed.

The Y-man

7. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Where is your friend's solicitor in all of this? Isn't that who you should be getting legal advice from?

The Y-man likes this.