First strata meeting

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by oneone, 20th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. oneone

oneone Well-Known Member

So I'm finally going to attend a strata AGM tonight for the first time after owning apartment IP for a number of years (I know) and am strangely excited ?

I've read the agenda and looked through the financial accounts report. Curious to see if anyone have thoughts on what is usually important to attention to or ask about at these meetings ?

PS. i'm planning to do a reno when current tennant moves out (probably next year),so do a have an agenda to gauge what the vibe is at these meetings and see who is who.

astonma likes this.
  2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Is it a small strata?
    Always good to know who is who and where the power lies.
    Often strata meetings are very poorly attended, so they will be chuffed that you are showing up and taking an interest.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

Listen and join the strata committee

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Attend and enjoy. You may find that One or two people will hold a pile of proxies.

5. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Bravo for the move!

I suppose the deadline for nomination to the committee would have passed. See if you can nominate on the floor. Always good to be in the Committee.

What you can do now is to quickly familiarise yourself with the Complex: the people, the work, the money and any future plans.

Attendance might be low but hopefully the Strata Manager is knowledgeable. Ask him/ her for any issues, current or future.

Levy - try and get an understanding as to how it's derived.

Enjoy and let us know how you go!

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia