First post :) First home buyer (Finance)

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by youngbuck, 24th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. youngbuck

youngbuck Active Member

Hi guys, long time lurker since the Somersoft days, first time poster (please be easy on me lol). I am looking at buying my first property. I have worked my butt off and managed to scrape together a $60K deposit. (I don't have the luxury of an inheritance or guarantor :))

My choice of career has started to pay dividends over the last 2 years. I am on a base income with a bonus structure attached to this. (Base 110K, average income over the last 2 years circa 187K - Minimal debt). But as we all know commission it is never guaranteed.

I am hoping to enter the market asap before things get out of reach. I am a newbie and would greatly appreciate your advice and feedback on what my maximum borrowing capabilities are?

Cheers YB.

Last edited: 24th Sep, 2016
  2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

If you haven't got any other liabilities your capacity is pretty good. The decision is more around what sort of LVR you would like to go to, how much lmi you would like to pay. It's pretty cost effective at 88% and under $500k, but obviously depends on the purchase price your interested in.

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

It will depend on if you're buying a home or an IP. Your deposit will go further for a PPOR most likely due to stamp duty concessions, but your servicing will be higher for an IP as you can include rent for servicing.

4. youngbuck

youngbuck Active Member

Corey Batt likes this.