First IP property Queensland Gold Coast or Se Brissy...

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Darren344t, 13th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Darren344t

Darren344t Member

I stayed in palm beach years ago at a mates rental house it ended up getting robbed while i was there and they stole my watch he told me it was pretty rough is all this growth mainly because of the 2018 games and will it die off again after that.

2. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Understand Surfers sentiment definitely as there is too much highrise and madness to sift through. What do you think about 3 bed 2 bath + Garage units in Surfers(lowrise)?? Not an oversupply and very high yielding if you can buy well

3. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Different markets with different drivers. The reasons you state are true and I am already fairly satisfied in Brisbane with my purchases which is why im looking at GC. I like the prospects for the GC for the impending southern migration, the low dollar will really drive this market and the CommGames next year makes a really strong climate for GC to see some strong double digit growth.

Darren344t likes this.
  4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

ok..correct that they do have different drivers for growth...but will that be a sustainable growth? The GC has had a history of being boom/bust and high volatility. Brisbane has already shown ( in the last 3 years or so) that its capable of delivering a sustainable pace of growth. Not saying the GC wont, but i dont see the drivers that contribute to sustainable growth there yet in the GC- specifically more stable higher paying long term (as opposed to contracting like construction) gigs.

Darren344t likes this.