First IP in Sydney

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Abhay, 29th Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Does it look like a good investment?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Abhay

Abhay Member

I have been looking at houses in Sydney with decent land size, under a mil $, as close to Parra and strategy is to buy below market value (I know it sounds crazy in current market but one has to try) and option to add value by reno and granny flat (STCA)

https://www.domain.com.au/6-northme...tm_source=Android app&utm_medium=sharelisting

What are your opinions on this property? Property nearby with similar land size sold for about approx 1.05 M fee months ago.

I dont know if deceased properties have any gotchas and whether it would be sold below market value or not. House needs a bit of TLC and will get aome expert to take a look and get a quote on min reno required to make it attractive to renters.

2. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Thats cheaper than comparatives because of the location. Backs onto a major intersection. I dont think deceased estates really make a difference in current markets (in down turn periods maybe)

In saying that Northmead to me is pretty underrated suburb but 1 mil budget isnt going to get you a house on a full size lot.

Abhay likes this.
  3. sydney sid

sydney sid Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a local here at Harris Park. Because we're out west here, I'd recommend a walk to a train station as a safer long term investment with capital growth, easier to rent out too. I think suburbs like Granville, Auburn, Wentworthville, Toongabbie, Pendle Hill, and I'm sure others, you could get a house for about $1m, but it might be tight and I could be wrong. I've got a rear lane where granny flats are popular, so a rear lane might be an idea, which are fairly common here, being an older area.

Abhay likes this.
  4. shoReline

shoReline Member

Looks like it sold at auction for $1,415,000

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Sure would have been a good investment for under a mil tho.

its just impossible to read at the moment.

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2021
    Bwinny likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF