First investment property Morton Bay Area or Logan area has Logan got a bad name??

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie767575, 28th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

In this case investar probably more trust worthy if it can breakdown to suburbs and property type.

SQM use postcode, and Kallanghur postcode is shared with few others suburb

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Sydney investors buying stock, more properties available to rent. Possibly....

Whitecat likes this.
  3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

[Milton vs logan seeing as you mentioned it.
    Actually we do have the same demographic come visit.
    My neighbor someone climbed up a wall and onto the balcony of his raised house and stole a purse. While he was home at 9pm. Then within 1 hour was racking up paywaves at the normanby. I wasn't home because if I had seen him climbing up oh man that would have been gold I would have pulled his butt right off the balcony.
    Then the next night a guy comes up to me behind milton mcdonalds straight out of jail kind of cat. I know that look. Wants to borrow my phone then wants money. In my face. Tell him to get lost.
    Milton is actually pretty pipe-hitting at least this week anyway.]

Back to the thread. I think that pretty much most of Logan has a very similar demographic I'm not so much buying the argument that some areas are un-Logan I think Logan has some particularily hard core areas such as Woodridge and Kingston but generally the area is pretty depressed. It has a bad reputation the whole area let's be real. A young woman just a couple of days ago was complaining to me about how her 800 square metre property is in Logan. I said it sounds like a great opportunity but she really felt that it was a sad story for her. I think that's because of the reputation people don't want to live there if they don't have to.
    Get a good p.m. though and keep a close eye on what they are doing and you will be fine.
    I think Logan is positioned well in the long long run but don't expect any gentrification for a very long time. Is not an ugly duckling that will get popular due to position all of a sudden as its still kind of far. it's a very entrenched public housing and welfare area where they are actually building more public housing
    However if you want the yield and a great buy in price (because even caboolture is more expensive even though it's twice as far) then definitely have a look at Logan. I've seen some great deals that people on here have reported.
    Personally I would just get close to rail in Moreton Bay and have less to worry about if you can afford it

David Shih and Ekin200 like this.