QLD First Investment In Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nbeaches, 8th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nbeaches

Nbeaches New Member

Hi All,

This is my first time on here but would appreciate any advice. I'm currently looking at purchasing an investment in a Brisbane suburb, preferably a house. I have up to $480K to spend. I have been chatting with an investment firm, of which I have my doubts about. They have been pushing towards a house and land package in suburbs like Griffin, Springfield and Newport. I really don't know enough about the Brisbane market but leaning towards an existing house on a decent parcel of land, as many of these house and land packages are on small lots.
    I also have noticed a lot of chat around the Logan area but once again, I don't know much about this area.
    Any advice is much appreciated

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi @Nbeaches, you would be right to be suspicious. The only thing I can think of for the push for a house and land package is that the company would get a kickback from the developer. Plenty of potential in Brisbane....

Lots of threads you can look at.

vbplease and Rich2011 like this.
  3. Nbeaches

Nbeaches New Member

@Gockie thanks for your reply. Yes I have noted a lot of threads on here and a lot to take in. I plan on coming up in a couple of weeks and driving around and having a proper look

4. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Before blindly following anyone's advice, did u check yourself, what is the end value of the product?
    Why are they advertising what they're advertising?
    Does that suits your strategy?
    What sort of rents you will get?
    With due respect, I think you need to answer some questions yourself before asking others.

Regards

5. Goldie

Goldie Member

Just do your research, Work out your strategy - Find a property close to great infrastructure, If you are looking at return then typical House and Land will give you extra depreciation to claim but established houses with larger lots wont generally get you a lot of extra rent but would be of interest if you could value add to the lot. IE; Subdivide. Just get your strategy right first. Both options good, just give you different outcomes.

6. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Not somewhere I would chase new stock.

Lots of great Buyers agents up here that will look after you

ta
    rolf

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia