NSW First Home Buyer, where in Sydney (upto 800-850k)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katemonty, 15th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

Hello all,
    Please kindly advise which suburbs in sydney should I look into with my budget. I would like to get house with lands. Shall I consider H&L package for example, in Rouse Hill / Schofield ? I am very new to the property market. Thanks in advance

2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Nothing wrong with those suburbs from a family perspective but if it's for you to live in then for that budget for a H&L you're going to be somewhat limited. Have you considered a townhouse? You'd find a townhouse in Oatley, Sutherland, Menai and around there for that budget.

- Andrew

Katemonty likes this.
  3. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

I have decided to go with established house with reasonable size of land. Suggestions for suburb with my budget of 800-850k ? Planning to move out after a few years and then make it investment property. Thanks in advance.

4. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Why the change in preferred property type?

5. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

You can search regions on re.com.au Simply type in 'south west Sydney' or wherever you want to live roughly, type in a price point and property type and start searching. Given you don't know what suburbs you want to live in, this is your best bet. No one on here can tell you where you should live.

- Andrew

Katemonty likes this.
  6. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

You’re right, home and land packages with all the subsidies in NW rouse hill or SW would potentially fit your budget

land size will guarantee fastest capital gain

quality of finishings will guarantee your own personal enjoyment and comfort

decide on your priorities

Katemonty likes this.
  7. simplevalues

simplevalues Well-Known Member

For your budget, if you want somethign new and shiny look at Box Hill or rouse hill...though rouse hill you will find only 250 to 300m2 blocks...if you like something on a huge block but old look at Quakers hill and acacia gardens. For 850K you will get a decent but old house on a 500m2 block of land in quakers hill ...good luck with your buy.

Katemonty likes this.
  8. simplevalues

simplevalues Well-Known Member

Schofields is ok but schools are not that great...look at Glenwood/ Parklea if school is a priority...

Katemonty likes this.