VIC First home buyer Werribee vs Geelong

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jeremy Wright, 3rd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jeremy Wright

Jeremy Wright New Member

Hi everyone

Got onto this website six months ago and have been reading some valuable feedback that you all have been providing so appreciate it alot. I am now currently in the final phase of looking at purchasing my first home and have narrowed it down to Werribee, Bell park and Bell post hill as I work in the Western suburbs. I just wanted to know people's thoughts on if people still recommend on buying in bell post hill and Bell park for long term hold. Parts of Werribee are still at a affordable price for myself but I've always been interested in those two Geelong suburbs and just wanted some feedback.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Good on ya for looking around. What's your budget like and what parts of Wezza have you narrowed down to? @hieund85 is a local and will have suggestions for you.

3. Jeremy Wright

Jeremy Wright New Member

Budget is 500k and I have looked at a few places just off Tarneit road just before it meets with Heath's road which I liked. Any other pockets of areas for suggestions or places to avoid? Thanks

4. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

It's fairly common knowledge that the birdcage area in Werribee is the one to avoid, this means the streets that have bird names, Swan/Egret/Cassowary/similar. The Market Rd area is rough too from what I've heard. The famed South of Synnot area is markedly better, but most properties will likely exceed your budget. I forget the name of the estate, but the one I've marked in the map is much nicer compared to most of Werribee:

upload_2019-10-3_11-21-51.png

5. Jeremy Wright

Jeremy Wright New Member

Thanks!

6. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

@Dave3214 is our Geelong local expert and could also help provide some feedback about Bell Park and Bell Post Hill for Geelong which may help you with your decision.

Cheers,
    David

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.