VIC First Home Buyer (PPOR) Fawkner

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JasonTran, 18th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JasonTran

JasonTran New Member

Hi All,

I've been following this forum for the last 2 weeks or so and I have found a ridiculous amount of wealth and things to really consider when buying a place. I think there's been talk in the last couple of months around whether to buy a house far out, or perhaps a townhouse that's a bit closer in for e.g. Glenroy. I've been noticing in the past couple of months, esp after 1st July I am slowly getting priced out (I have ~ 550k budget) for a 2/3 br townhouse in a reasonable location.

Lately I have been thinking about Fawkner. I know there are some developments and townhouses close to completion there, about a 5 minute walk to the station. I would live there for the next 3-5 years, keep it as an investment and then look to move further out in the future. I was wondering what were people's thoughts around the fact that Fawkner station is near the vet hospital, and more importantly on the cemetary? I notice that prices can also be quite high on the Hadfield side of the cemetary too...

Cheers

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@JasonTran - I went to a few auctions on jukes road (seems like not that many ppl have discovered these areas). There are a lot of old school Italians in the area and growing Arabic population.

THough that super big cemetary is a bit of a turn off.

3. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Im seriously surprised about this, if anything I thought things were SLOWING

4. melbournian

@willister pulled in the pics back in march 2017 (650Kish site are cheap from last year) I remember this auction was 1 bid in the 700kish and then nobody else put a bid in. This road is the preferred road due to zoning, proximity to some shops and fawkner leisure centre. similar to like a broadway on reservoir.

@JasonTran - I would personally stick to preston and reservoir for 550K coz prices are moving for the townhouses there. Unit prices are among the lowest in reservoir atm based on distance to CBD

upload_2017-7-18_13-9-21.png

upload_2017-7-18_13-6-21.png

upload_2017-7-18_13-6-50.png

upload_2017-7-18_13-7-5.png
    upload_2017-7-18_13-7-24.png

5. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

@JasonTran, I'm located in Hadfield and it's true, prices have bolted in the past year or so.
    There has been a new large development site in Hadfield on Walter street from memory with around 64 approved townhouses... maybe worth googling a bit.

I think the cemetary is great. All i can see is green lush trees, at least from the Hadfield/Glenroy side so don't see it as a turnoff

6. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Did it sell?

7. melbournian

yup one bid 700kish - you can see the photo above the guy (winner) shaking the auctioneer hand Juke Rd.

8. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

Yep, I'm seeing a spike in activity in Fawkner lately. Strategic buyers, planning to hold for the longer term. Freestanding houses with future development potential are the most sought after.

Vishweshwar Gundelli likes this.
  9. Vishweshwar Gundelli

Vishweshwar Gundelli New Member

10. melbournian

11. Vishweshwar Gundelli

Vishweshwar Gundelli New Member

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia