Finished! Thank goodness

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Lizzie, 14th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

An intensive 8 weeks on the last (and worst) of our 6 holiday cottages - four bedroom/two bathroom - complete gutting, moving doors/walls - whilst hubby working full time and myself running the farm and my own business and all the home front stuff ... the first photo is an example of "before" followed by the "afters". Feeling a little exhausted but now back to reality ... garlic - vineyard - business product - GST - eofy ...
    WP_20150428_001.jpg WP_20150714_002.jpg WP_20150714_003.jpg WP_20150714_010.jpg WP_20150714_011.jpg

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

looks great! well done, the paint makes a huge difference
    Something I like to see is photos of the local area or your property as framed pictures on the walls as your "art". You can make them online on a canvas or something big. just a thought ;)

3. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Great work Lizzie.

You're a goer.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Great stuff lizzie, huge difference. Is that laminate or vinyl plank flooring

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Laminate ... but it was the cheapest version and real ******* to lay ... will spend the extra money next time

Agree re photos - but I'm also wanting to promote an artist friend ...

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

@Lizzie I saw the 1st photo and thought, ooh, have you considered painting over the wood? ;) Looks really good!

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That is a great sized cottage Lizzie. We often pop away for a night or two and often we cannot swing a cat in the little places and they charge like wounded bulls too!

I also was hoping the knotty timber (sauna style) would disappear... and it did. I hope you used a good Zinzer type product to stop the bleed through :eek:.

I had a chuckle when I saw the photo of the bed, no sheets, plastic wrapped pillows (clearly not "show photo" ready) but you took the time to pop an accent cushion in for the photo. You can always judge a person with style and panache :D.

Love the outdoor deck. I'd spend a lot of time sitting out there.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hahahaha - yes - will leave the bed "making" to the manager and staff. First guests are booked into this cottage in two weekends time.

Did use a sealer/binder over the timber to stop bleed - and to help the paint stick. Can't believe this was trendy once ... and can't believe you can still buy it!

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's awesome, good work.

I don't mind it sometimes, but there is definitely a time and a place. Probably back in the 80's.

10. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Congratulations - looks great