NSW Finding sold prices

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by scientist, 10th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

I'm finding all stock sold in the last month are withheld by the agent on realestate and domain. I tried using Google Earth which loads the NSW LPI xml database but it also doesn't show the latest, even for properties sold more than 6 weeks ago - must be very slow updates for the NSW govt database

How are you guys finding sold prices for recent sales, e.g. <3months? Do paid services like pricefinder have the price data even if the agent chose to withhold? Does anyone have a pricefinder login they can share with me? happy to pay

2. JLK

JLK Member

Best option I know for tracking the trend (it's all down!):

3. womble66

womble66 Well-Known Member

KSOU or allhomes as the data eventually becomes public record.

4. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

thanks for the suggestions

the issue with public records is i suspect the govt only updates every few months so sites like ksou etc feed off those databases aren't any better if i want very up to date records

5. JLK

JLK Member

On the general topic, I've since discovered that one can accurately ascertain the exact dollar value entered by the agent by using this method. The agent can report whatever value they like of course. My gut feeling is that it is statistically accurate as it's a marketing tool and being "hidden", agents have no reason to fudge it.

I have historically correlated "contact agent" prices for a few properties in the markets I am watching and they are identical to the value eventually reported to the valuer general.

Here is the documentation from REA which explains how the "search" and "display" values are to be used by advertisers:
    Price displayed on a listing

6. DeJ

DeJ Well-Known Member

It's odd. I read some agents are doing it in Sydney so people can't see the market has gone down? I know someone who sold for a good price at the South Coast and the price on Domain has "price unavailable" as well. Not sure why they would withhold the sale price if it was good.

7. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

RP Data can be useful (paid subscription) but even that sometimes says 'not disclosed'

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.onthehouse.com.au/