Finding off-market properties?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jmillar, 27th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a property in a specirfic area (Breakfast Point) and have been browsing realestate.com.au and talking to all the local agents - are there any other ways to find properties?

I assume all agents use realestate.com.au - if not, are there other websites I should be checking?

Has anyone done a letterbox drop, and if so, how did you go about organising one, costs etc? I have access to RPData so could easily check which units/complexes are worth targeting and which aren't.

2. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

You just have to get on the local agents database. Call/meet them all explaining what you want and they will put you on their off market alerts. To be honest they are mostly junk / market testing.

Letter box drops are also good if you are buying owner occupier stock - otherwise if a tenant picks it up they would just bin it.

You can also network with rental agents in the area as they will have a lead on landlords preparing to sell their stock.

Propertunity likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

good buyers agents will have a sniff of whats available pre listing

ta

rolf

Jacque and Propertunity like this.