Finding feeds on brokers accounts

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by finplan, 26th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. finplan

finplan New Member

I have been trying to find stockbroking account with no quarterly or annual fees theat use the 20 min delayed data for months now. But I am having trouble finding accounts that disclose these extra fees anywhere online and getting responses is like pulling teeth. So I thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone knows brokers that would meet my needs.

Basically what I want is and account where I can by and hold dividend shares for the long term where I am not penalised for not "trading". I am on a centrelink payment so I need to factor in the 3% deeming into my calculations. Thus far on the $4000 and change I have saved these annual or quarterly fees eat up all potential return after the deeming is taken into account. I want to be building this every year so across 4-5 yrs it seems to be worth while if I can avoid these fees at first.

I don't mind paying higher brokerage to buy the shares if I avoid these account fees as brokerage is a one time thing. I would like to be able to write covered calls on the shares in the same account or software but this is non essential particularly at first. Also does anyone know of a government site that details financial products in the same way they do for health insurance?

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i use Commsec on-line trading account AND Bell Direct ( silver ) on-line trading account

neither charge 'inactive account ' fees for ASX trades ( but MIGHT if buying internationally listed shares )

neither is perfect bur only charge when shares are actually traded ( brokerage )

each of the accounts has it's pluses and minuses

there might be others ( so please check carefully )

10 Best Online Brokers Australia | StockBrokers.com

Best Online Share Trading Brokers Comparison for Australia 2019

This page provides individual investors with information on investing in ASX products, getting prices, researching companies and announcements, finding a broker, exploring free education, accessing market data and creating your own watchlists.

please note i hold BFG ( the parent group of Bell Direct , so i do have a bias )

i do NOT do covered calls , options or any of the other fancy stuff , you might be better ringing the brokers ( you like about that ( that might attract extra frees )

good luck

1 person likes this.
  3. luke83

luke83 Well-Known Member

I use self wealth, only fee is the 9.50 per trade, its working fine for my buy and hold for life strategy :)

2 people like this.