Finding a good Mortgage Broker

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Tony_Ton, 30th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tony_Ton

Tony_Ton Member

Hello,

I am currently using a Mortgage broker in Sydney. They are trying to help structure my loans and with refinancing my PPOR.
    I always have the confusion about how do I define a good Mortgage Broker?

Broker 1:
    Beginning of this year, I had only my PPOR. I was in touch with one of the brokers who I found on youtube. I wanted to buy an investment property using equity. The broker ordered my PPOR valuation which came at 700k (I expected better) and the broker said I don't have much equity and I need to wait until I pay off more of the PPOR.

Broker 2:
    I researched further and found another broker who ordered multiple valuations with 3 banks. One of the valuations came at 740k with ANZ. They had connections with multiple lenders and were ready to keep trying to find the best possible valuation for the property. Unfortunately, the application with ANZ got declined due to undisclosed reasons. But, they are again wanting to try with other lenders who valued at 730-740k.

Do you think a good broker connects with multiple lenders and orders multiple valuations to find the best possible valuation for a property and then gets the best product from the lender?

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

You found a broker on youtube???

why was the anz application declined? There must be something.

did you get a credit report that others suggested you did in your other post? Isnt this pretty urgent now?

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Different strategies for different goals............

ta
    rolf

4. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

I strongly suggest connecting with a broker from this Forum, Property Chat has some of the best brokers in the country contributing to it and all the info you need regarding investing in property.

Curious2019 and Terry_w like this.