Financially free at 32 – My 10 year property journey

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Jack Chen, 15th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Remarkable story so thank your for sharing!:)
    Can totally understand and relate and I am sure many on this forum have made similar sacrifices and practiced delayed gratification in order to get to where they are now.
    Your example illustrates hunger and passion with immediate sacrifices for long term rewards, such as having a choice now, whether to sell, whether for mental struggle, whether for stability, etc...
    It goes to show how crucial it is to generate alternative incomes, whether earned or passive, but the key is those hard and necessary steps you made early on now have allowed you to have CHOICE.;)
    Creating multiple streams of income is just a small part other actions can be as MY suggested in article below:
    https://propertyupdate.com.au/how-t...ic-calamities-like-a-pandemic/?mailchimp=true

Lauren350 and scc888 like this.
  2. Popo7

Popo7 Well-Known Member

Hi Jack you are a really successful investor. Almost all your purchases are units. May I ask why you recommend units over houses with big block of land?

3. shresthazard

shresthazard Active Member

Absolutely amazing thread ! Gives new investors like us enough confidence to start investing. But do you think 2020-2022 was a better time to invest as WA, QLD and Brisbane has grown a lot since then. Which state/suburbs would be an ideal investment now?

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.