Financial -Year..

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by willair, 30th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I've just been looking at the Tax side of things for this Financial Year as it ends today ..

It's been a very good year-property wise apart from a flood everything is doing well..

ASX ,wise as i sold 2 which were purchased below 10 cents and one went just below 4 bucks
    but i walked away from that trade at just 3 bucks -the other one is a bit less -so Tax wise that's going to be big..

Now looking at the year ahead the mainstream media with the wind at their backs and talk of constant doom property prices blow-up's world wide high end tech giants blow-up's ..

Myself it's going to be very good year --once the new government starts accelerating their Agenda ..
    Problem-Reaction -Solution ..

How's your financial ending ?..

craigc, Sackie, Propin and 3 others like this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Mrs and myself were just going over this last night. After all the tax minimisation strategies in place, we'll be paying a ****load of tax.

Indeed a very, very good year. Probably one of our best. Arguably our best in over 17 years.

craigc, willair, Propin and 5 others like this.
  3. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I'll find out after the accountant prepares the returns in early August.

willair likes this.
  4. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

Last year was very good from a taxation perspective. I agree next year will be great, the second with once in a generation opportunities in 3 years. Next f/y may take a one off hit. Brought forward some expenses from last year to this year, brought forward income from this year to last year f/y. Released equity at 2.4% for 3 years which reduced to Nil, loans at 4.7%. Signing contract for Property sale in 2 weeks, will sell some shares to offset CG. Leases will be renewed at significant increases some commercial ones over 50% possibly, dividends are increasing. Will need to draw down loans to significantly to maximize to interest deductions. Will go shopping for discount shares starting tommorrow with a chunk of Shopify May be putting 6 figures a month into stocks. I have to laugh at the hysterics and noise of a 10% fall in property, when you can deploy funds at 70% discounts in the share market, or get multiples of the yield of property.

Last edited: 30th Jun, 2022
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Trying to ignore it atm. ;)

US tax returns due in Dec, my Oz tax return not due till May 2023.

willair likes this.
  6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Speaking of 70%+ falls

upload_2022-6-30_10-19-52.png

willair likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia