Financial Advisor - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by K168, 6th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. K168

K168 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm looking for a financial advisor in Melbourne.

I would like a recommendation from anyone that is currently using them, or have used them.

Preferably you are a 'High networth individual' or the advisor is able to prepare advice to that level of requirements.

Although I am not there yet, I want to setup in anticipation for the future, I want to avoid the basic/simple financial advisors.

Thanks

2. Sammy_Boy

Sammy_Boy Member

Just curious, at what point do you seek professional financial advice? How do you decide that you are there?

3. K168

K168 Well-Known Member

When you've read stuff like Terry's posts and realised you've messed everything up

Sammy_Boy and Luca like this.
  4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Every financial advisor of caliber I know who helps highly wealthy families will not take on aspirational people as their fees are too high to justify their position.

Look for a plain financial planner or an industry super fund and then upgrade later on to get access to the sophisticated investments the caliber advisors offer.

Koda Capital in Melbourne are good - independent and only 25 clients per advisor.

a lot of lawyers and accountants will do the structuring. The financial advisors focus on investment choice, solvency, performance benchmarking and life insurance.

K168 likes this.