Finally kicked my lottery ticket habit

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Johnny Cashflow, 14th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

Don't tell me someone won!:mad:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I always just go the quick pick (& usually has to be $10M+ draw)... if I had set numbers and saw they came up on a week I didn't play I'd be beside myself.

Sonamic likes this.
  3. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    True. I play the lotto every now and then. I played Oz Lotto last night with the $30 million draw but haven't checked my ticket yet. I only play in the major jackpots and I think half the fun is just imagining what I'd do with all that cash- I always imagine I'm going to win it haha.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Cactus likes this.
  4. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Did they buy some IPs? And post regularly in this forum? Or did they just buy the forum? Simon, is there something you want to tell us all?

5. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

There was a few property purchases and some business investments. Helped out some family and friends. Thankfully has the guidance of a financial planner so it has been split into different asset classes. Haven't caught up in a while so hope she is still being sensible haha.

Not on the forum

6. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Good luck to your friend, drg86, and I hope they look favourably on the Newcastle SES, should they feel so inclined.

7. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

Actually that is incorrect.
    The odds of winning a 1st division prize in Oz Lotto is 1:45,379,620. (wiki)

Odds of winning without an entry/ticket = 0

Odds of winning with 1 game: 0 games = infinity.

Odds are infinitely greater by playing 1 single game compared to not playing at all. The odds obviously drop dramatically when you buy more than 1 game.