Figuring out the next move...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Irove, 11th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Hey dear PCers,

We are looking to achieve 100k+ passive income for early retirement through property investment. Me and my wife are in early 30s and currently rentvesting. We have 2 house PIs (Sydney Hill bought 2018 & Central Coast purchased early this year).

Now our broker advised us the next property we are able to purchase cannot exceed 500k. So I am thinking below options:

1. Buy Now. Looking at areas where you will get neutral return at around~400k, e.g. houses in Christie beach SA / Thornlie WA or St Mary TH (lot of posters here so bullish on West Sydney)
    2. Buy Commercial Property. Looks like there are still one out there with 8-9% return (which means ~40k net income, quite impressive)
    3. Keep saving and wait till enough deposit to buy something in Sydney.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome :)

Could you get a commercial property for $500k that throws off $40k income?

what equity do you have, income coming in etc.

There is not enough information provided to get much in the way of helpful answers.

3. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Thanks Wylie. The equity is from Hill’s. Would be around 400k. Our total income is around 200k.

yes the commercial property with that return would be in regional areas. The other day I saw one in hunters area Check out this property at 73 Vincent Street, Cessnock 2325
    Sold Office at 73 Vincent Street, Cessnock, NSW 2325 - realcommercial

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What's your current net position (not including your ppor) and how many years from now do you want to achieve that 100k passive income?

5. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Hi Sackie, the net rental income is just slightly positive from two properties combined. Hill is negative but central coast one is getting strong rental income as there’s a granny flat in the back yard.

I would be very happy to reach that point say 15-20 years time.

thanks.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Glad to see you have a very realistic timeframe. You could even possibly exceed your goal in that timeframe.

7. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Thanks Sackie. Keen to hear your thoughts on the next move if you were me. (I’ve listed some options above)

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It really depends on your risk tolerance and overall financial situation. Assuming your risk tolerance is high moderate, I would either look at commercial real estate or an add value deal if you can identify value in a market. Possibly Brisbane.

9. Irove

Irove Well-Known Member

Appreciate your feedback :)