NSW Fibro just under the dual occupancy size

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Daz7, 8th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Daz7

Daz7 Member

We've a fibro 3 bed house that we're looking at selling in Sydneys west (Parramatta Council)

The area is currently fairly hot for Duplex development, with 3 developments going up within a couple of houses to ours.

Problem is the land size is 594sq (dual occupancy is 600sq) with a 16.7m frontage, high side of street. I've called council and they suggest as the block is only 1% under the magic 600sq limit for Duplex development with over 15m frontage/high side of street it could well be ok for development depending on design.

Is there anything we can do to help with the sale with regard to development? We've been doing a cosmetic makeover just to cover our bases but I'm a bit lost with how to approach this. The RE's I've spoken to seem just keen to get a listing.

2. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

Find a local town planner who can advise you.

Stoffo likes this.
  3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Unless you can get official duplex approval, most buyers would price as not being suitable for duplex development as they will not run the risk approval won't be granted.
    Marg

Propertunity likes this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Near every ad in Syd in many areas is STCA for dev of some kind.....it means little though.

I think anyone who knows the council and done duplexes there will know if it will pass or not, ask the agents, do they have people wanting to buy as a dev site, they probably do.....

5. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

How desperate are you to sell?
    If you can hold 6-12 months have you considered getting a da for duplex
    Should only cost around 10-15k
    Might end up getting a good return for that cost
    Without that id forget anything about dual occ

6. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

When was it last surveyed ?

I had a quite old place that was under (according to the old title) but when surveyed properly it was only 2sqm short and the council allowed the development (had to pay an additional fee)