QLD FHO owner occupier then IP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Techie, 3rd Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Techie

Techie New Member

Hi,

I am very new to property market in Australia. Finally decided to buy first home with a hope of capital appreciation in a couple of years. Budget is 400k. Considering Narangba at the moment.
    What are the prospects of this suburb or is there something better i can get into

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why Narangba? Where do you work.

3. Techie

Techie New Member

In CBD.. Narangba seems to be the only place where i can still get a decent 4 bedroom house below 420k

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Narangba is a nice place, but I consider it to be a long way "out". (disclaimer.... I used to live in Lawnton when Narangba was developed, so i'm biased). If it suits you and your family, then that's all that matters for a place to live. Especially if it is the right price. What can you get for the same money in Kallangur/Dakabin?

I have never considered it for an IP for myself so I don't know whether it is popular in that regards. I don't see why not. It should grow in value from the ripple of the adjoining suburbs closer to the motorway.

5. Techie

Techie New Member

Thanks for the reply. Is there any other suburb i can consider? I don't mind whether it's north or south side of brisbane, as long as it has good connectivity to CBD and it had potential for CG