FHB - Need your suggestion :)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Triniety, 21st May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triniety

Triniety New Member

Hi All,

We are first home buyers and have jotted down few suburbs which we really like. Need your suggestions on the below suburbs for amenities, school and travel to city. We have increased our budget to 900-1Mil as we think it will be difficult to upsize once we have kids.

1. Ringwood
    2. Greensborough
    3. Daimond Creek
    4. St Helena
    5. Bundoora
    6. Mill Park

2. pattoman

pattoman Well-Known Member

Out of those Greensborough is the best.

3. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I would choose Greensborough or Ringwood but I don't know about the schools.

In reality, most people will outgrow their first home, so while it is important to consider your future requirements and buy property for the long term, it is impossible to eliminate all the variables and know exactly what your future selves will want/need.

David_SYD and Ben20 like this.
  4. Triniety

Triniety New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea about Diamond Creek suburb? We have liked one house but are unsure about the suburb.

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Nothing "wrong" as such - was considered 10 miles to the edge of the known world in the past, but these days very much an outer burb. Has train to town (long ride but). Knew a couple of people who lived out there - very "country lifestyle".

The Y-man

6. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

Have not personally lived there, but i know a few people, who are. Leafy surburb and as Y-man said 'country village' lifestyle. Train connection improvement is under way. They are doing some significant works in Hurstbridge line.

With your budget you can get a nice house in a big 1000 sqm block in Diamond Creek.

Last edited: 30th May, 2021
  7. Tillie

Tillie Well-Known Member

With your budget I would also check Eltham, that is neighboring surburb to Greensborough, St. Helena and Diamond Creek.

Chris B likes this.